I won't even bother to describe the errors, scientific and journalistic, in the original Santa Monica Observer article. It's just a blow-off piece. I do wonder who the someone was that came to the conclusion the object was "3 kilometers away and 10 meters in length." Of course calling it a "monolith" similar to the recent spate of dumb "2001" knock-offs makes for an engaging tie-in to the current article, leading to more clicks.
As for the photo/video, without knowing what the original NASA video feed looks like, one might assume that Photoshop/video manipulation has been going on and someone's having a joke. Anything hovering that close to the International Space Station in real life would set off alarm bells all over NASA and Roscosmos, and there hasn't been a peep from them or in any other news outlet I'm familiar with. And hasn't Twitter (or was it Facebook?) recently said it will be taking down suspect posts? So much for a deeper mystery.
So, a deal is being made over a sensationalized story with suspect provenance. Or as they say in UFOlogy: Saturday.
1 Comments:
I won't even bother to describe the errors, scientific and journalistic, in the original Santa Monica Observer article. It's just a blow-off piece. I do wonder who the someone was that came to the conclusion the object was "3 kilometers away and 10 meters in length." Of course calling it a "monolith" similar to the recent spate of dumb "2001" knock-offs makes for an engaging tie-in to the current article, leading to more clicks.
As for the photo/video, without knowing what the original NASA video feed looks like, one might assume that Photoshop/video manipulation has been going on and someone's having a joke. Anything hovering that close to the International Space Station in real life would set off alarm bells all over NASA and Roscosmos, and there hasn't been a peep from them or in any other news outlet I'm familiar with. And hasn't Twitter (or was it Facebook?) recently said it will be taking down suspect posts? So much for a deeper mystery.
So, a deal is being made over a sensationalized story with suspect provenance. Or as they say in UFOlogy: Saturday.
By
Ron, at Saturday, December 12, 2020
Post a Comment
<< Home