This music always provokes tears because Beethoven was already deaf when it premiered. He never heard his soul-stirring piece performed. It's always a profoundly bittersweet listening experience.
I keep telling people - I've made 4 hours of UFO-related programming in my career, and 14 hours of classical music-related programming. Time to start calling me the "classical music filmmaker" instead of the "UFO filmmaker." Alas, no luck. ;-)
10 Comments:
I know, I know.
George Adamski had always wished he was Leonard Bernstein?
Seiously, though, can you imagine how powerful it must have sounded standing on that podium? Just awesome. Very energetic, to be sure.
Thanks for sharing this. :)
By
Bob Koford, at Saturday, March 30, 2013
Thank you, Bob.
You've saved me from posting that all UFO people are Philistines.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Saturday, March 30, 2013
Who's Phil Stine? Is he a researcher to be avoided?
:)
By
Kandinsky, at Saturday, March 30, 2013
Ha Ha?
By
RRRGroup, at Saturday, March 30, 2013
This music always provokes tears because Beethoven was already deaf when it premiered. He never heard his soul-stirring piece performed. It's always a profoundly bittersweet listening experience.
By
purrlgurrl, at Saturday, March 30, 2013
Now you're finally speaking my lingo: http://youtu.be/bXIANfYSEKM - one of these days I'll release the entire 26 episode series on DVD.
By
Paul Kimball, at Saturday, March 30, 2013
Very nice, Paul, very nice, indeed.
Thanks for the YouTube link.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Saturday, March 30, 2013
I keep telling people - I've made 4 hours of UFO-related programming in my career, and 14 hours of classical music-related programming. Time to start calling me the "classical music filmmaker" instead of the "UFO filmmaker." Alas, no luck. ;-)
PK
By
Unknown, at Saturday, March 30, 2013
Yo PaulKimball!!
...try searching 'Adam Georgeski', dude...
By
Kurt Peters, at Saturday, March 30, 2013
Bravo to Maestro Berstein!
He gave every conducting performance his personal knack.
I love how he slowed the tempo to the stunning Sir Edward Elgar's Nimrod and responded to complaints by saying "Eddie wouldn't have minded". ;-)
~ Susan
http://youtu.be/e7KEBeBt2uk
By
Anonymous, at Saturday, March 30, 2013
Post a Comment
<< Home