I hate to trouble readers here with these non-UFO offshoots, but here's another
The Times Literary Supplement [7/31/2015] has a review by
Marina Gerner of John Gray’s book The Souls of the Marionette: A short
inquiry into human freedom [Allen Lane, £17.99].
The book presents philosopher Gray’s take on freedom,
Gnosticism, robots, and mankind’s future, to name only a partial list of things
this erudite book presents.
Gray discusses Stanislav Lem’s 1961 novel, Solaris, “in which a group
of scientists examines the oceanic surface of a planet which turns out to be a
sentient intelligence that examines the scientists in return.” [TLS, Page 28].
RR



2 Comments:
Looks like a good read, though perhaps too superficial if the comment about it lacking 'depth' is to be believed. Did you order it yet?
I spent some time reading the comments for it on Amazon and it seems a couple readers seem to recommend 'Straw Dogs'. And one suggests that Straw Dogs is the superior work.
By
Parakletos, at Monday, August 17, 2015
I ordered it from Amazon....$13+
Nothing from Gray "lacks depth."
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Monday, August 17, 2015
Post a Comment
<< Home