Herd mentality isn't always good, and isn't always bad. It's worth pointing out that Manson traveled a 'road less taken' as well, did he not? Dahmer? Bundy? McVeigh?
Never considered to read into Frost's work (The Road Not Taken) anything related to including the deranged. Perhaps you missed my attempt at humor here to RR.
And I must disagree with you as I believe that "herd mentality" in humans is a bad thing.
To our topic here, it appears way too few look past the plethora of ETH folk, the AA folk, the UFO sensationalist$ folk, and the blatant fraudulent hoaxers in general.
I like to hang out here reading in this less traveled road.
I understand why you WANT to believe that herd mentality is ALWAYS a bad thing, but simply put, logically speaking, it's a toss up. And the reason why is simple -- the fact that the majority do something doesn't mean that the majority is right or wrong in doing it. Furthermore, there is this thing called Collective Intelligence... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_intelligence
7 Comments:
Not "The Disruptor" just the "road less taken" that made all the difference...
BD
By
Bryan Daum, at Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Herd mentality isn't always good, and isn't always bad. It's worth pointing out that Manson traveled a 'road less taken' as well, did he not? Dahmer? Bundy? McVeigh?
By
Parakletos, at Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Parkaletos,
Never considered to read into Frost's work (The Road Not Taken) anything related to including the deranged. Perhaps you missed my attempt at humor here to RR.
And I must disagree with you as I believe that "herd mentality" in humans is a bad thing.
To our topic here, it appears way too few look past the plethora of ETH folk, the AA folk, the UFO sensationalist$ folk, and the blatant fraudulent hoaxers in general.
I like to hang out here reading in this less traveled road.
BD
By
Bryan Daum, at Wednesday, December 13, 2017
The unbelievable discovery: - To the left.........
By
Daniel, at Thursday, December 14, 2017
Bryan,
I understand why you WANT to believe that herd mentality is ALWAYS a bad thing, but simply put, logically speaking, it's a toss up. And the reason why is simple -- the fact that the majority do something doesn't mean that the majority is right or wrong in doing it. Furthermore, there is this thing called Collective Intelligence... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_intelligence
By
Parakletos, at Thursday, December 14, 2017
An opportunity for one of the great quotes about the Believer mentality:
"If you really think that the "UFO" issue is even remotely undecided, then no new information is likely to change your mind."
Who said it?
No, it wasn't cda, even though it sounds very much like him. ;-D
By
zoamchomsky, at Thursday, December 14, 2017
But the UFO issue is undecided, maybe not remotely but still....
Luv ya Zoam....you are intrepid.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Thursday, December 14, 2017
Post a Comment
<< Home