Smart guys, but …..
Copyright 2018, InterAmerica, Inc.
I consider the persons visiting and often commenting here
highly intelligent, a step up from the usual chumps who visit other blogs and
web-sites.
Some are brilliant (Sentes and Kimball), others savvy in the
extreme (Redfern, Zoam, Hebert), and a few perspicacious to a fault (Dominick,
Daniel, Jerry) et al.
Yet, I have had to rail about persons not staying on topic.
Terry the Censor is well-read but miffed (I think) because I
noted how he didn’t cope with Maccabee’s belief that Arnold’s flying saucers
were ET oriented, asking, instead, whether Bruce had added new material in his
book about the iconic sighting.
Daniel recently attempted to continue a topic about huge
rocks being heaved into place by ETs but his placement in post about Leslie
Kean and the Pentagon visuals was misplaced so it didn’t see the light of day.
(To stray into the weeds instead of staying on point irks.)
I’m interested in UFOs and have been since I was in diapers
(almost), and like CDA see them rectified as a nostalgic return to my youth.
I don’t see UFOs as anything more than an obtuse hobby,
worthy of my left-over time and that’s it.
To see them as an intellectual summum bonum, as some UFO
buffs do, makes me a little crazy.
UFOs, as a topic, fills my need to satiate that nostalgic
nod. They also offer a chance to prod some academic areas that I also find
intriguing.
But to heap more than a minuscule moment of my daily routine
on UFOs would indicate the madness I often flog here.
Fortunately, this blog receives accommodating comments, not
sycophantic and often stupid ripostes as one finds at my pal Kevin Randle’s
blog, despite his attempt(s) to raise the UFO standard to a loftier place than
it usually gets elsewhere.
UFOs are grist for silliness and sometimes intriguing
speculation, but that’s it.
To see UFOs as relevant to human existence and civilization
is a mental folly that I often eschew.
Some put up with my obnoxiousness, while others seek
surcease in other venues, and I understand.
Heaping opprobrium on one’s fancy is not well met, but I
can’ help myself. Frittering one’s limited time on this Earth with something as
peripheral to life as UFOs are is a kind of loopiness that I am as obsessed
with as some reading this.
But I know it’s loopiness, which sets me apart, somewhat,
from my UFO peers, many of whom think, it seems, that UFOs are the be-all and
end-all of life.
They aren’t.
RR

4 Comments:
Rich, You make our comments sound pathetic, and of no interest to you, but could be to some others. I had brought this topic up on the, "oblong squarely cut (1200 Ton) blocks of stone" in Baalbek, some years back. You yourself showed some interest, and responded at that time, NOW, all of sudden, we are off topic!? That's Loopy, Rich!...
-> Daniel recently attempted to continue a topic about huge rocks being heaved into place by ETs <-
Your statement here, about huge rocks being heaved into place by ETs, is simply not correct. I posed the question; "Did ETs have a hand in this?" big difference, to what you say,..I had said. Posed as a thought only, not a matter of fact, which is the impression, you leave with your readers. Not good Rich!..............
By
Daniel, at Friday, March 09, 2018
Daniel:
My "bitch" isn't about the topic, per se, but where it was offered: in a posting about Leslie Kean and the current Pentagon UFO visuals.
Don't be so easily offended, buddy.
I'm trying to corral comments that take us far from the topic I wish to headline.
This happens all the time elsewhere; a blogger or web-creator puts forth a matter that interests them, and they hope others, and along comes a disruptor, who takes the topic into the weeds of non-consequence.
My pal, Kevin Randle, suffers this egregious disruption all the time, his fans and followers often taking his erudite UFO postings astray, causing persons who'd like to stay with the topic to drop away, frustrated by the wayward commentary that makes debate ludicrous.
It's irritating not criminal.
And your question, proposed by Don baiting you, suggests that you think the proposal about ETs moving those "rocks" is amenable to discussion.
I don't want to go there. The Ancient Alien hypothesis is juicy but stupid.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Friday, March 09, 2018
Rich,
Nice post! OK, I was sure it`s me you`re gonna mention as not staying on topic but no (although, as English is not my first language I had to check out what "perspicacious" means..). Thanks for your kind words.
I agree, we shouldn`t take UFOs too seriously, more like hobby. And I think (or feel?) that it`s true what John Keel or (if I´ve understood correctly) Nick Redfern says: if you take these things too seriously, you`re in trouble...with your mental health, soon...
By
Jerry Cornelius, at Saturday, March 10, 2018
Hey Daniel,
I don`t see how our comments would sound pathetic (for anyone). I think it would be wonderful if we could, you know, just wonder and speculate about UFOs without too much preconceptions. (Hey, I`m ready to buy the ETH when there`s enough physical proof.)
By
Jerry Cornelius, at Saturday, March 10, 2018
Post a Comment
<< Home