UFO Conjectures

Monday, May 11, 2020

A note about Roswell….really?

Copyright 2020, InterAmerica, Inc.

A Facebook posting adjacent to the one by Isaac Koi presented here the other day suggested that it would take about 10 years for the United States military to back-engineer or figure out what powered any flying saucer that came into its possession.
Noting the date on the newspaper account of the Air Force “bag- ging” a flying saucer – 1958 – puts a date of 1948 (or 1947?) within the time-frame that would allow a retrieved flying disc (UFO) to be examined technologically (forensically), offering possibilities for duplication of it power configurations and all the attendant flight parameters.

That 10 year date takes the bagged saucer back to about 1947, the year in which the Army Air Force put out a press release that it had captured a "flying a saucer" -- bagged one.
The press release didn’t say the RAAF found a downed flying disc (saucer). It says the RAAF captured one – bagged one:

The crashed disc story, with dead aliens (extraterrestrials), came about as a fullfledged tale pretty much after a 1978 Stanton Friedman conversation with Jesse Marcel Sr. as we all know.

The little grey beings – the supposed ET presences found at an alleged crash site – became the meme that has haunted and destroyed the Roswell incident, not from 1947 but from that 1978 encounter between a flying saucer ET advocate (Stan Friedman) and Jesse Marcel who may have seen flying disc debris or the disc itself but never indicated he saw dead aliens, just something not from this Earth.

I think it might be okay to revive the Roswell story – God, forgive me for suggesting that – with the “bagged flying saucer” hypo- thesis and see if it could really fly.

RR

7 Comments:

  • This is impressive. You mention Roswell and nary a comment save for mine.

    Speaking of "bagged" UFOs/ET, I'm sure that the Roswell slides were "bagged."

    I know that the slide fiasco is a sore spot, but this had to be ufology's high water mark. Since then the subject matter of UFOs has been in a downward spiral.

    I keep harping on this because the "oldies" and "newbies" need to be reminded.

    Some people still need it "hard and fast."

    By Blogger Tim Hebert, at Tuesday, May 12, 2020  

  • Interesting, Tim...

    The last time I checked my Facebook posting of this, at UFO UpDates, only two people liked it and one comment from administrator Curt Collins. No one there is interested in Roswell either; it's a dead issue across the board.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Tuesday, May 12, 2020  

  • -> No one there is interested in Roswell either; it's a dead issue across the board.<-

    *

    What...73yrs. of confusing one-another, over Roswell, I'm not surprised:)........

    By Blogger Daniel, at Tuesday, May 12, 2020  

  • Marcel did not see alien bodies because (if any of this is true) the bodies were recovered at the OTHER crash site. No inconsistency here.

    By Blogger Dominick, at Thursday, May 14, 2020  

  • Dom:

    I know you're smarter than that.

    I'm pointing out that Marcel Sr didn't say he saw alien bodies. He saw an object not of this world.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Thursday, May 14, 2020  

  • I get that RR. And what I'm saying is that he didn't say he saw alien bodies because, by other accounts, those alleged bodies were seen at the OTHER crash site. This actually strengthens Marcel's overall account since radical skeptics have made him out to be a crank willing to embellish. Well he did not, apparently. And let me correct something else in your comment. Where did Marcel say that he saw an "object"? I think that he said that he saw and found unusual debris that he could not easily explain.

    By Blogger Dominick, at Thursday, May 14, 2020  

  • Dom:

    I'm noting that Marcel Sr always said it was something not from this Earth.

    I don't think I've ever said he said he saw a disc or the disc.

    I have a video of his statements, by him, at my YouTube channel.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Thursday, May 14, 2020  

Post a Comment

<< Home