The 1994 Ariel School episode continues to grab the attention of many in the UFO community. This posting is one of many appearing lately within the social media site's UFO groups:
And Robert Bigelow's activities continue to pique the interest of many UFOers on Facebook:
RR
13 Comments:
That Facebook group posted a story from former Bigelow associates claiming they made up many of the "paranormal" experiences and UFO sightings at Skinwalker Ranch just to please the boss and "give him what he wanted." Bigelow has proven to be nothing more than a UFO buff with lots of money, and his secret "files" likely don't contain as much info as he'd like you to believe -- but it all has made him some money along the way. Tom DeLonge is traveling a similar path and I wonder how much longer patrons like Chris Mellon are going to allow themselves to be associated with his woo schemes. I'm cynical about much of the Tic Tac affair and ignore Skinwalker Ranch tie-ins because it's circus.
By
Ron, at Sunday, November 22, 2020
David Halperin just posted his take on Ariel school at his blog, and like most skeptics has stretched credulity with his psych takedown of the event. The few salient points and questions he does raise suggests we proceed with caution in accepting the whole deal, but he's not, in my opinion, been able to explain away the core of the encounter.
By
Ron, at Sunday, November 22, 2020
Gilles Fernandez also is skeptical about Ariel as are others, Ron, but I see it (and have noted my thoughts here before) that there is something substantial about the episode.
It doesn't have psychological elements that might explain it, such as mass hysteria or any other psychological malady.
It's an odd event, maybe something as far-fetched as an holographic experiment by officials, but even that is a toughie to explain it.
Too bad there wasn't some material evidence from the sighting, or, at least, I haven't heard of any.
John Mack thought the witness accounts had meat.....that's interesting in itself.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Sunday, November 22, 2020
Mack's death, tragic in its own right, left the UFO field bereft of his keen intellect and insights, something it could use right now instead of the blatherings of armchair psychologists. I would have liked to hear his take on why some observers (at both Ariel and Westall) saw things while others did not, where were all the grownups (at Ariel) during the supposed encounter (and if that even mattered), and what he really thought was going on.
By
Ron, at Sunday, November 22, 2020
Does anyone have a link to the story indicating Skinwalker was a fraud?
Martin
By
Anonymous, at Sunday, November 22, 2020
MB:
Are you on Facebook? (I hate being there but I put my MediaWatch site there years ago before
the place turned into the social ogre it is today.)
Anyway, the Skinwalker exposes and takedowns are all the UFO sites there.
I'll try to grab a few notes, if possible.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Sunday, November 22, 2020
Ron:
I've covered this several times here...John Mack contacted me shortly before his death in London.
He wanted to know if my MediaWatch was the one that slammed his book. It wasn't. But we wrote back and forth about a few things -- I have the e-mails on a hard drive.
He was convinced, as you know, that UFO abductions had some substance to them. ET? I don't think he was convinced but he was struggling to find the explanation, taking a lot of heat from his colleagues.
His death was tragic. I would have liked to reconnect with him after his London sojourn, but moreover I wish that he was just still alive, a brilliant man, a good man.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Sunday, November 22, 2020
My recollection was that the Skinwalker stuff was posted a couple weeks or more ago. It comes from (I believe) former security personnel. Sour grapes? Maybe, but some of the claimed encounters are so outlandish as to make you wonder who's zoomin' who. But I guess it does add to book sales and TV ratings.
By
Ron, at Monday, November 23, 2020
There were some postings yesterday (11/22), Ron, from my FB "friends" and they did seem sour grapey.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Monday, November 23, 2020
I don't have Facebook or any social media accounts.
Any further info on Skinwalker would be much appreciated. Does any of this throw doubt on the NIDS investigation?
Martin
By
Anonymous, at Tuesday, November 24, 2020
Sorry MB for my previous response....
The NIDS Skinwalker material is all over the place in the UFO groups.....Erica Lukes and others who've been at the Skinwalker ranch seem to be chagrinned by all the untoward Bigelow information circulating.
I'll try to snatch some of the material but with Facebook much that is here today is gone tomorrow unless saved by persons viewing it, when it's initially posted.
Otherwise it disappears into the reams of muck that Facebook engenders.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Tuesday, November 24, 2020
Thank you friend.
Martin
By
Anonymous, at Wednesday, November 25, 2020
Thank you friend.
Martin
By
Anonymous, at Wednesday, November 25, 2020
Post a Comment
<< Home