UFO Conjectures

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

This kind of thing has to make Dominick livid

A former pal of mine thinks that psychedelics do present insights of a profound kind.

My son, Josh, the neuroscientist (and his colleagues) when I talked with them last summer about hallucinogenics were disinclined to see mushrooms, LSD, peyote, et al. as paths to some kind of meta- reality.

They did see psychedelics as a possible entry-way to calming serious mental problems, schizophrenia among them.

But no one that I can find -- reputable scientists, doctors, et cetera -- will concede that tripping brings persons to a kind of cosmic consciousness awareness, the experience a mental flux of memory, synapse interruptions, and psychological mayhem.

Any academic promoting the idea that people can find god via "getting high" should be drummed out of their careers and eschewed from publishing their bogus ideas.

RR

1 Comments:

  • The cities of Denver, Oakland and Santa Cruz and the State of Oregon have generally decriminalized magic mushrooms use. John's Hopkins research is finding uses of psilocybin for treatments.

    I'll pass but I'm open minded about it.

    BD

    By Blogger Bryan Daum, at Friday, December 18, 2020  

Post a Comment

<< Home