Sorting UFOs per our preferences
Copyright 2021, InterAmerica, Inc.
It seems from comments here that each of us has an interest in some aspect of the UFO phenomenon, or preference for certain types of UFOs and related accounts or reports about them.
For instance, Daniel likes UFO stories that have an ET patina.
Jerry C appears fascinated by UFOs but especially those with an amorphous sheen: the Hessdalen Lights for example.
Dominick prefers, I think, accounts or stories that reflect solid, tangible objects with a serious provenance (solid, credible reportage or renditions).
Ron goes for witness or UFO enthusiast credibility, and is open to a variety of UFO accounts from them.
Martin is fascinated by the meta-paranormal surround of the phenomenon.
Nick Redfern’s interest is saturated by anything outside normalcy, UFOs only a part of that.
Kevin Randle prefers to augment UFO reports with only credible, reputable reportage.
Bryan Daum is just happy that UFOs of all kinds are rampant.
We all know what José C believes.
Anthony Bragalia is obsessed with Roswell, and only UFOs connected to that mischievous incident.
A few returnees or long-time lurkers, here, are open to anything that is out of the ordinary, including my pontifications, no matter how loony.
Me? I’m polluted by the psychological element of UFO witnesses and the oddity of UFO encounter reports. (All the rest is backwash.)
[And no one here seems particularly interested in the “abduction” stories.]
That’s part of the UFO (UAP?) problem: only José is immersed in his preference, the rest of us mucking around with no real or aggressive pursuit of our interest.
We’re flailing around for any whiff of UFO authenticity, any!
(Some UFO enthusiasts I see on Facebook appear to be immersed in “research” of an iffy kind or just playing footsie with other UFO enthusiasts only for the camaraderie, nothing more than social propinquity.)
Let’s all try to buckle down and present worthwhile input, here and elsewhere, without the mangle of flotsam we, including me, keep putting forth as viable UFO information or conjecture.
Thoughts?
RR














6 Comments:
Some sharp-eyed characterizations you offer, Rich. I think your tag of me is on-point. I would have added I seem to rant a lot about government disinformation rendering the sometimes spooky but always tangible truth unrecognizable -- but I like your editing better.
I have a growing fascination with the psychological and all-worlds aspects you delve into here. Nuts and bolts can only take us so far. I hope to see more.
By
Ron, at Saturday, April 24, 2021
I'm especially interested in the reports of the larger sized UFOs. The large, low and silent black triangles of the Midwest years ago, the monster reported by the Japan 747 off Alaska that was 'the size of an aircraft carrier,and the house or boxcar sized rectangles.
The Midwest black triangles -presumed to be military headed for Scott AFB by some -but only due the location came once but went where and how were they not seen on bases... Now that was interesting. Where did these large things go?
Now we have these little guys zipping about the ocean and Navy -sounds more like drones or, in the UFO sense probes?
Never saw anything while flying over the North Atlantic -which is disappointing- but did heard of pacing lights at a short distance -ever saw one- (like Foo fighters?).
BD
By
Bryan Daum, at Saturday, April 24, 2021
Great post, Rich
Actually,I`m very interested in the psychology of UFO experiences, after all it`s the one thing we can investigate when we`re handling a UFO case.
"We’re flailing around for any whiff of UFO authenticity"
You`re right, aren`t all of us just waiting for the cases that fit into our idea what UFOs are (or what they should be). I`m intrigued by cases that seem to be explained more by psychology than ETH space ships.
JC
By
Jerry Cornelius, at Saturday, April 24, 2021
"Martin is fascinated by the meta-paranormal surround of the phenomenon."
Completely correct.
"That’s part of the UFO (UAP?) problem: only José is immersed in his preference, the rest of us mucking around with no real or aggressive pursuit of our interest."
This is also definitely true of me. In no way am I a true researcher of UFOs. There was a period of my life where I read up on the phenomenon intensively. That was enough to convince me that we have a real mystery on our hands and therefore that the skeptics are wrong. But I also have just about no optimism that we'll ever figure out what UFOs are. Hence they're a source of enduring interest but not something that I really focus on anymore.
Martin
By
Martin Black, at Saturday, April 24, 2021
-> Daniel likes UFO stories that have an ET patina.<-
What can we say, well, (UFO) are either real, or something else going on.
If they are real,and we don't have any reason to think they're not,given the thousands of reports from witnesses, then WHOs? - OURs? - THEIRs? or something else going on..
The mytery is compelling. I tend to think many of the sightings, are ours, and that is a story all of its own.But not just that alone, but a mixed bag, so to speak, going back in history, where events in history, that can not be explained by archaeology, could have, an ET/UFO explanation - "could have" I emphasize.
Rich & some others here,know what I'm on about.But at the end of the day, uncertainty remains a question, not really answered, but only by suggestion,so each of us move on with our own thoughts to ponder.This is why we're here,is't it!?........?
By
Daniel, at Saturday, April 24, 2021
Daniel...
I'm with you more than I often express.
You're on it, that's why I give you star billing here sometimes.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Saturday, April 24, 2021
Post a Comment
<< Home