UFO Conjectures

Tuesday, July 06, 2021

A few items from the book shown

Copyright 2021, InterAmerica, Inc. 

This 1997 book, published by Cassell, edited and written by Paul Devereux and Peter Brookesmith, with additional material by Montague Keen and Nigel Watson is a delightful excursion into the early period of UFOs and Ufology (as noted on the cover).

While lolligagging over the 4th of July weekend here, I scanned a few of the pieces (photos mostly) in it. (I've mentioned the book before.)

Excuse some of my off-kilter scans -- it was hot and I was sopped with lemonade.

If a scanned item piques your interest, let me know (with a comment) and I'll tidy it up and provide the full piece from the book.

Here are a few things I found quaint or intriguing.....

A 1967 Tic-Tac UFO. (The image in the book is more Tic-Tacky than in my scan):

A bizarre abduction account:

Mac Brazel's walk-back of his Roswell debris find:
The Menger "hoax" (Note the Adamski-like flying saucer often used by hoaxers):
The Michelin Man occupant of several early UFO encounters. (Jose Caravaca has written about this):
The Tassili cave drawing that Ancient Alien advocates say is an astronauted-suited ET:
Old woodcut of fairy ring with UFO insinuations:
The Tell Brak eye-idol that I think is a representation of "god" (as seen by early Middle Easteners):
Ancient "shaman" representations (from cave drawings) -- they are images of "god" also:
N.B. The inserted images above are provided full-scan -- mouse over image to see it that way.

RR

9 Comments:

  • Once again, the choice: The whole ET-UFO experience is hooey or acid-tripping. Or, it's what comes from human misperception reporting on actual weird experiences. At least the first half-century looked more entertaining than what's come after.

    By Blogger Ron, at Tuesday, July 06, 2021  

  • Yep. Ron... There was diversity. Not the boring stasis and videos of today and the anticipation of our crowd... Holding their breaths.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Tuesday, July 06, 2021  

  • Well Ron, I'm sure the Pilots of the world won't agree with you, or a crowd of normal minded UFO witnesses, who know what they saw, won't agree with you, so were does this whole ET-UFO experience that you say is hooey LEAVE you, when the Government returns to the table confirming the existence of these things!? Normal people such as Pilots,
    are not acid-tripping or hooey, they know what they see,only that they are quiet about it in fear of loosing their jobs, and some speak of their experience, only in private.

    These depictions that Rich has posted,only hint at the possibility of a past UFO connection, only a hint, that's all, who knows? we don't.............

    By Blogger Daniel, at Tuesday, July 06, 2021  

  • Daniel, my comments focused solely on the pictures Rich posted, which struck me as fevered imaginings and often indecipherable symbolism. If ufology had produced only that, we'd be stuck in Mythville.

    Of course there's more to the subject than that, pilot testimonies being but one example.

    By Blogger Ron, at Tuesday, July 06, 2021  

  • BTW, my earlier muse about Nazi UFOs has been pretty much thoroughly debunked after various articles with linked studies showed up on Facebook. (I didn't realize DeLonge had been pushing this theory, an immediate reason to run from the idea.) Another bit of nostalgic crazy from the Golden Era, for amusement's sake only.

    By Blogger Ron, at Wednesday, July 07, 2021  

  • I just saw the anti-Nazi UFO stuff on FB, Ron and suspected we'd get a mea culpa from you... Even though the gist was that no Antarctic Nazi bases we're extant.

    This leaves open the idea of Nazi UFO crafts, yes?

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Wednesday, July 07, 2021  

  • Hi all,

    Very interesting!

    Paul Devereux was also one of the first UFO investigators to understand the strange connection between some UFO manifestations and fault lines and/or sacred places. For example, see pages 138-148.

    I think I have read his 'Earth Lights' at least 157 times (joking).

    Cheers from Montréal,

    Julien


    By Blogger Hessdalenlights, at Wednesday, July 07, 2021  

  • Rich: I'm just trying to think of alternative "Others" but have pretty much run out of ideas.

    Julien: I'd hope Earth lights would be among the atmospheric phenomena considered by the UATPF.

    By Blogger Ron, at Wednesday, July 07, 2021  

  • Hi Ron,

    Some earthlights are a little bit more complex than a simple atmospheric phenomenon.

    In fact, they are a lot more complex than that.

    Please read Massimo Theodorani's books and scientific papers.

    Julien

    By Blogger Hessdalenlights, at Wednesday, July 07, 2021  

Post a Comment

<< Home