The crushing belief that UFOs are ET oriented
Copyright 2022, InterAmerica, Inc
Almost everyone in the UFO community believes overtly or
subliminally that the UFO phenomenon is extraterrestrial in nature, even those
who deny (vigorously) that they are open to other explanations for the enigma,
some on board here who feign obeisance to another explanation.
Hovering over or submersed within any UFO [UAP] dis- cussion resides the latent ET format for flying saucers. And this from the beginning of the saucer fad and before.
That book about UFOs during the 1920s (and in one by the same team covering the 1800 era) details and shows reports wherein witnesses stress that the mysterious things they spotted were not from this Earth.
Today the UFO ET overlay is ubiquitous, overwhelming, among people who should know better.
The extraterrestrial patina encrusting the phenomenon can be laid at the feet of the entertainment community: movies, TV, maga- zines, sci-fi novels, and lately the supposedly objective but jaded journalistic elements.
Underneath some of the cautious fellows visiting here hide a shadowy tilt toward the ET scenario. It’s muffled but still tangible. (I won’t name names.)
And notable drop-ins here, who pretend an open-minded stance on the matter, offer whiffs of ET favoritism.
I myself keep a toe in the ET waters, even as I know that alien visitors surely have more exciting or interesting cosmological places inviting their visitations.
The ET suggestion has been pounded into our heads by so many diverse sources that it would be unimaginable that we’d not be brainwashed.
But there it is: the stupor of alien visits in numbers so grossly febrile that they beg the idea of madness as I often intone here.
Are UFOs ET craft? I don’t think so, but almost everyone I know disagrees, openly or privately.
RR
Hovering over or submersed within any UFO [UAP] dis- cussion resides the latent ET format for flying saucers. And this from the beginning of the saucer fad and before.
That book about UFOs during the 1920s (and in one by the same team covering the 1800 era) details and shows reports wherein witnesses stress that the mysterious things they spotted were not from this Earth.
Today the UFO ET overlay is ubiquitous, overwhelming, among people who should know better.
The extraterrestrial patina encrusting the phenomenon can be laid at the feet of the entertainment community: movies, TV, maga- zines, sci-fi novels, and lately the supposedly objective but jaded journalistic elements.
Underneath some of the cautious fellows visiting here hide a shadowy tilt toward the ET scenario. It’s muffled but still tangible. (I won’t name names.)
And notable drop-ins here, who pretend an open-minded stance on the matter, offer whiffs of ET favoritism.
I myself keep a toe in the ET waters, even as I know that alien visitors surely have more exciting or interesting cosmological places inviting their visitations.
The ET suggestion has been pounded into our heads by so many diverse sources that it would be unimaginable that we’d not be brainwashed.
But there it is: the stupor of alien visits in numbers so grossly febrile that they beg the idea of madness as I often intone here.
Are UFOs ET craft? I don’t think so, but almost everyone I know disagrees, openly or privately.
RR

5 Comments:
Good post, Rich. It's too bad that the other actors we might consider being behind the phenomenon are seen by many as an even farther-out notion than ET, consequently we're left dealing with the devil we know.
Lucky for the skeptics who would have to regroup to deal with a world without ET. That would be a pity.
By
Ron, at Sunday, January 30, 2022
Rich, you continue to assert (after all of these years) that the sheer number of UFO reports makes the ETH a relatively silly notion. We are just not interesting enough for all of that attention. But all of this is a straw-man argument.
One, I think that we all can agree that upwards of 95% of all "sightings" are NOT genuine UFOs anyway, for reasons we have discussed forever. Thus the total number of "UFO reports" is vastly over-inflated. Second, most of us who entertain the ETH as a possibility understand that even the 5% of genuine UFO reports are NOT reports of saucers with aliens onboard; again, as previously discussed, we are probably dealing with some form of AI; i.e., the TIC/TAC things. In short, to hold the ETH as a probable explanation for some (very few) UFO reports means that, perhaps, somewhare around .001% of UFO reports actually may involve aliens directly. If we consider the ETH from THAT perspective, it's NOT so silly after all.
By
Dominick, at Sunday, January 30, 2022
Dominick:
At the botttom of my assertion that the ET scenario is ludicrous lies my belief that our Earth and our existence is too remote (removed) to get any attention from extraterrestrials, in any amount -- one or two visitations even by AI entities or technology.
Erasing the bulk of reports, as untrue UFOs, doesn't help me. If 10 accounts come from valid visitations, I find that hard to swallow -- believing that distance, time, and other considerations prohibit an ongoing assault from another species in the galaxy or cosmos.
I know we humans are persistent in our excursions to space -- the multiple Martian probes proof of that.
But I find it unimaginable that another species, elsewhere in the Universe, would evolve with that same kind of curiosity or need to know.
You project on ETs a kind of human thinking, derived from all the input pushed upon us by sci-fi writers and others.
ETs would not be like us, nor think like us, or act like us.
Yet, the possibility is there, remote as it may be, so I still accept it, faintly, very faintly.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Sunday, January 30, 2022
Rich,
It is amazing to me how much you claim to know about possible existence and motivations of whoever is behind ufo phenomena! Of course there are puzzles.
I can, for example and by contrast, easily imagine interests of other beings concerning what has happened (and what is still happening) on earth in comparison with other civilizations. However, because of your strange attitudes to religion and ‘gods’ I don’t think you would understand.
You seem to identify the ET hypothesis with the ‘nuts and bolts’ requirement, but you know even from your own speculations that there are other scenarios. After all, all beings must have started on some planet somewhere. Having been born on an ET planet does not require they still travel by metallic craft with nuts and bolts.
Ian
By
Ian Thompson, at Monday, January 31, 2022
Yep, Ian...
I'm a "nuts and bolts" guy.
That said, no one is coming here from afar, via a metallic craft or something less tangible.
They just aren't.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Monday, January 31, 2022
Post a Comment
<< Home