UFO Conjectures

Tuesday, August 06, 2019

UFOs may be unfathomable

Copyright 2019, InterAmerica, Inc.
As YouTube musical selections were playing on my smart TV, Schubert’s 8th Symphony (the Unfinished) came on.

It made me think this…

Mozart and Puccini, both, died before finishing works; The Requiem for Mozart and Turandot for Puccini.

But other composers have provided finishes for each, taking into account what Mozart and Puccini had composed previously and where they were going with composition when then died.

But Schubert’s symphony was and is unique, totally outside his compositional style and what he had composed previously and afterwards. (Schubert didn’t die before finishing his symphony; he just laid it aside.)

No one has attempted to finish the work, at least not in a format that has come to classical music’s mainstream. (I’ve never heard or read about a compositional completion of the work.)

Why hasn’t anyone made a bona fide attempt to complete the work? Because it is unique and totally mysterious, and odd. It is one of a kind. Nothing compares, as I hear it.

This is exactly the case with UFOs.

The explanations for UFOs have been a plethora of odd and mundane speculations but nothing so out-of-the-norm that UFO enthusiasts have accepted one as a real possibility for what the enigma, the phenomenon may be.

UFOs, like Schubert’s unfinished work, may well lie outside a plausible denouement.

I’d like to think some genius might accomplish a finished rendition of the Schubert work and another kind of genius might, someday, provide a rational, actual explanation for UFOs.

But I’m not holding my breath.

RR

9 Comments:

  • Well as the late Prof. Stephen Hawking once remarked 'the Universe maybe just too weird for us to ever fully understand' and by way of illustration - New Scientist's '13 Things That Do Not Make Sense' :)

    https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg18524911-600-13-things-that-do-not-make-sense/

    By Blogger DrDee, at Tuesday, August 06, 2019  

  • Rich, whose unfinished UFO opus should be looked at?

    By Blogger Tim Hebert, at Tuesday, August 06, 2019  

  • Hahahaha...

    I have no idea. Tim.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Tuesday, August 06, 2019  

  • Some things are meant to be mysteries, and some things are best left unfinished. Schuberts 8th is one of them. UFOs are another.

    By Blogger Paul Kimball, at Tuesday, August 06, 2019  

  • I guess there are two possibilities,

    1) In the future, science will explain UFOs (and other weird things?), maybe they´re glitches in the matrix or whatever, or
    2) the weirdness will stay with us and even in the 3000`s people are still reporting encounters with I don´t know what, maybe those machine elves or creatures from inner space.

    (I can´t say which is more probable, maybe universe really is too strange for us to fully understand?)

    By Blogger Jerry Cornelius, at Tuesday, August 06, 2019  

  • I had a short chat with Michigan Kaku in London once several years ago, and I asked him if he thought science would ever explain everything. He said no (while adding the caveat that “ever” and “everything” were pretty broad terms), and then he smiled and added, “At least I hope not. What fun would that be?”

    By Blogger Paul Kimball, at Wednesday, August 07, 2019  

  • That Michigan [sic] Kaku is a card.

    I'm thinking Paul, you're using auto-correct or Grammarly, both of which sneak in their "corrections" after we users press the Enter key top ut our comments online.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Wednesday, August 07, 2019  

  • I hate auto-correct with the burning passion of a thousand suns.

    Clearly, I meant Oklahoma Kaku. How the heck they got Michigan out of that is beyond me!

    PK

    By Blogger Paul Kimball, at Wednesday, August 07, 2019  

  • Hahaha

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Wednesday, August 07, 2019  

Post a Comment

<< Home