I need some help here......
A few months back I pulled a book from my collection (picture 3), about history's methodologies, hoping to compare those methodologies with ufological "methodologies."
I mentioned it in a comment here (somewhere.)
The title eludes me. as does the book itself.
I kept it near my bedroom desk (picture 2). shuffling it from one book/magazine pile to another, but always in proximity with other things I planned on using for debate here.
For two weeks, I and one of my guys have scoured the whole place, trying to find that damn book.
We have looked in every nook and cranny, and re-looked every where I might have (mis)placed that book, a pale green paperback.
Now here's where you come in -- this is how desperate I am to locate that book:
The photos below are where the book was last, or where I might have moved it.
If any of you have psychic abilities (or have a friend with same), or even if you only are a good guesser, tell me in which room (which picture) where I may locate the missing book/
First is my bedroom:
Second is our office space (excuse the messiness, I'll get to the room eventually):
And here is the book collection from which I originally pulled the book (thinking I may have placed it back for some reason):
You may think this odd, my asking for some psychical help, but the matter has become a real (personal) mystery. I have moved things around several times now, checked drawers, even my travel bag, and our plane. Nada.
So, give it a shot, won't you, and help out a frustrated guy, who hates to lose a book to the ether.
(And don't tell me it's TheTrickster at work. That will just make the frustration worse.)
RR
I mentioned it in a comment here (somewhere.)
The title eludes me. as does the book itself.
I kept it near my bedroom desk (picture 2). shuffling it from one book/magazine pile to another, but always in proximity with other things I planned on using for debate here.
For two weeks, I and one of my guys have scoured the whole place, trying to find that damn book.
We have looked in every nook and cranny, and re-looked every where I might have (mis)placed that book, a pale green paperback.
Now here's where you come in -- this is how desperate I am to locate that book:
The photos below are where the book was last, or where I might have moved it.
If any of you have psychic abilities (or have a friend with same), or even if you only are a good guesser, tell me in which room (which picture) where I may locate the missing book/
First is my bedroom:
Second is our office space (excuse the messiness, I'll get to the room eventually):
And here is the book collection from which I originally pulled the book (thinking I may have placed it back for some reason):
You may think this odd, my asking for some psychical help, but the matter has become a real (personal) mystery. I have moved things around several times now, checked drawers, even my travel bag, and our plane. Nada.
So, give it a shot, won't you, and help out a frustrated guy, who hates to lose a book to the ether.
(And don't tell me it's TheTrickster at work. That will just make the frustration worse.)
RR




12 Comments:
This morning I managed to lose my car keys, a paint sample chip I had in my pocket, forgot to renew a membership fee, etc.
Retracing my steps helps..my psychic intuition tells me its close to where you last recall reading the book. I always seem to find stuff that somehow ended up under the bed for which I have no explanation. My mind needs no assistance from a Trickster or pack rats...
By
Bruce Duensing, at Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Bruce...
You may be on to something.
I'll check under my bed as soon as I get back home.
(I stuff magazines I don't need to read there -- Hollywood Reporter for one.)
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Rich, you might also find missing pairs of socks as well...
I've three dachshunds, they stash everything under the bed.
By
Tim Hebert, at Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Yes, Tim...
I see my under-bed as a "treasure trove" for lost or missing items, some having become vintage.
I can't wait to look, hoping there's no pre-Halloween scares there.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Update:
Not under the bed....a cache of Hollywood Reporter (all unread), a few Atlantic mags, Wired, The New Yorker, Art in America, Opera News, et cetera.
I seem to be a hoarder.
(My son also found quite a few pistachio shells.)
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Its in the bathroom, you have to move some stuff around to find it.
By
Cybergranola23, at Tuesday, October 28, 2014
bOb:
Lots of stuff in the bathroom, but the book isn't among it.
Thanks for the suggestion however.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Since you appear to remember seeing it not THAT long ago. Can you also recollect why you were singling it out at that time? Was it for a particular piece of research which may have been of interest to someone else at the time?
By
Parakletos, at Wednesday, October 29, 2014
The book's content was to be used for clarification of History's role in edifying us.
I planned on applying the content to how ufologists (and others) apply research techniques that are all wrong.
(No w how does that help me locate the tome, which has mysteriously disappeared, from a venue which is private and secure?)
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Yesterday I ransacked my apartment looking for "Abductions and Aliens: What's Really Going On?" by Chris Rutkowski. I did not find it.
So tonight I will look for a history book I don't remember buying and, Rich, you look for Rutkowski.
Then we will mentally teleport the books back to their proper homes.
By
Terry the Censor, at Wednesday, October 29, 2014
It's worth a try, Terry...
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Rutkowski has materialised!
Thanks, Rich.
By
Terry the Censor, at Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Post a Comment
<< Home