UFO Conjectures

Sunday, July 16, 2017

A case study in ufological “insanity”

Copyright 2017, InterAmerica, Inc.


I follow Kevin Randle’s blog [kevinrandle.blogspot.com], faithfully, as you know, because he imparts material that is truly germane to UFOs and the UFO community.

But he has brought upon himself a plague of UFO locusts with his Billy Meier/Michael Horn posting the other day.

Within the psychological paradigm resides the idea of suppressed “insanity” – the idea that mentally disturbed people appear normal but give away their delusional substrate in mannerisms, speech, and subtle human interactions.

You will find distinct examples in the commentary by those who have responded to Kevin’s Meier/Horn posting.

(Kevin operates democratically by not censoring comments that are obverse to his views.)

Cognitive psychologist, Gilles Fernandez could elaborate better than I could about the subliminal indications of mental derangement by some of those whom Kevin has allowed a venue where they can spout their psychotic lunacy.

But I suppose he refrains from doing so, hoping to avoid the “tar-baby” affect.

For me, the UFO topic and ufology has devolved into a quagmire of delusional thought and actions.

But you know that. And Kevin’s blog (the commentary) provides substantiation of my view.

(Image used, above, from Psypost.org)

RR

4 Comments:

  • Rich -

    I thought the views of the Meier believers proved my point with some of their ridiculous support of Meier... really, they changed the copyright in a book after it was published? How do you do that?

    I fear mention any of this here because it might draw the fanatics to your blog.

    By Blogger KRandle, at Sunday, July 16, 2017  

  • I'm not gracious like you Kevin.....if they show up here, I ignore them (delete their comments).

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Sunday, July 16, 2017  

  • Billy Meier and Roswell would appear to be totally different UFO affairs.

    Yet there are some similarities: Roswell has (it is alleged) literally hundreds of witnesses, either first-hand, second-hand or third-hand. But no photos or any other acceptable supporting evidence; or at least none of it is evidence for ETH.

    On the other hand, Meier has zero witnesses, but literally hundreds (I have not counted them) of amazing photographs to back up his tales.

    Also, it is claimed that Meier began his ET encounters at age 5 in 1942, thus predating the dawn of the UFO era. But didn't Gerald Anderson originally claim his Roswell experience happened when he was aged 5?

    My view is that both cases are equal in one respect - they are totally worthless as evidence for ETH. But both seem to still have their horde of supporters.

    By Blogger cda, at Sunday, July 16, 2017  

  • Phil Langdon has done a very scientific thing UFO buffs rarely think to do: reproduce UFO sightings. He has a series on Meier's photos and films, demonstrating they are not remarkable at all.

    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5E7373CE3194D578

    By Blogger Terry the Censor, at Wednesday, July 19, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home