Cool off Nick and cool off Michael. Nothing at Roswell happened in the air, did it? It was all firmly on the ground. And that flimsy contraption they found was merely sticks, tinfoil and rubber.
Boy, some spaceship! But it MAY of course have been one of those model 'spaceship' kits the kids played with in those far off days.
Don't tell me to cool off. If someone thinks I have been lied to, or if someone believes that I have been the victim of disinformation, I have no problem with debating that - at all. But, when I am personally accused of being a liar, then that is - as I said above - crossing the line, and particularly so when the statement that I am a liar is made publicly.
Right, CDA. A model spaceship kit that MAY have left debris scattered over eleven football fields in length...according to the primary witness. That's a reasonable hypothesis to be sure....
I dont know where the hell you got the Information about what you are wrote in your Book, i thought thats the result of your own research...but when you write:
"If someone thinks I have been lied to, or if someone believes that I have been the victim of disinformation"
then you are not a Liar but who the fuck told you the Roswell-Bullshit in your Book?
Sorry but before i believe that in Roswell crashed any japanese stupid "What ever"´s...i think it was rather a fucking Weatherballoon or Mogulballoon. The japanese "What ever"´s crash Theory is the stupidest Theory i have ever heard in my hole live about the Roswell-Incident!
I think that the hole UFOlogy makes a step backwards to believe in Theories like that or also Theories of the fucking John Keel. When thats is the Future of UFOlogy i am out of the UFO-Topic because its no difference in believe to a fucking God or Allah and so. The new UFOlogy is like Religion and i hate Religion and fucking Gods, Angels and that Bullshit. Then you can go back to believe in Santa Claus and Elfs and other fucking Bullshit.
No, I will not cool off. You called me a liar - publicly.
The sources in my book are all listed. They include Australian UFO researcher Keith Basterfield, Popular Mechanics magazine, John Keel's research, and all the interviewees fore the book who I spoke with.
Yes, of course the book also contains my own extensive research as well as the above information.
I tend not to censor comments, CDA, unless they are truly incendiary or nuts.
The kerfuffle between Nick and Michael is part of a current "anger" demeanor online as TIME magazine reported this week, which I'll be touching on in a few minutes with a post.
Michael didn't call Nick a "liar" but said there were "lies" in Nick's views, a nuanced position surely but not particularly libelous.
Michael's second screed was a bit much but I understand his frustration.
I have a troll who has fixated on me and this blog, because he's jealous of both.
I do ignore his posts which end up in Google's spam pile, but I justify my censoring him as he's a sick person.
I didn't like Michael's insinuation any more than you did, but he said "lies" and I would have liked to see what "lies" he was referring to, and your response to the allegations.
Michael, like my friend, Dominick, is a hard core believer in ETs visiting us in UFOs and Roswell, for Michael, is a matter of fanatic faith.
You recall how Catholic clergy handled people who challenged the faith: The Inquisition.
So, I wrote off Michael's slur as a harmless response to you questioning his Roswell faith.
UFO people know you to be credible and not inclined to prevaricate, so we all brushed off Michael's comment.
Yeah, I would like to know what in the book he specifically terms lies. Can he point to anything in the book that he can say for sure is a lie? I for sure can't! Or, is he saying that if a story doesn't uphold the ET angle for Roswell, then it's a lie? He should realize that if someone comes to another explanation for Roswell, it doesn't mean that theory is a lie.
Well the fix for this unfortunate episode is simple. Michael should simply admit that he "misunderstood" the content of Nick's article and state so.
Nick's livelihood is that of a professional writer, thus Michael is nibbling at the fringes of libel, yet, I'm not an attorney so my thoughts may be off.
We should all be able to move on if Michael offers an apology?
Michael approached a litigious statement, as you note Tim, but he didn't cross that line...he came close but in ufology, if every cockamamie riposte was litigated, lawyers would be richer than they are.
Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill.
Michael was rude perhaps, but that's about it.
(Nick is a public figure, thus remarks about him are viewed differently, legally, than they would be for a private person.)
Sorry that i am call you a Liar! I do not want an offense with you but it just makes me sick that UFOlogie becomes more and more a substitute religion. What follows next? UFO Churches where we pray to Aliens or like Keel sayed "Ultraterrestriers"?
Second: John Keel was not a Researcher, he was a Writer! And so I also treat his books - as Fantasy Books! John Keel was not a Scientist! But to research UFOs you must to be a Scientist.
Rich,for the third and last time,l am not a hard core believer in ETs visiting us UFOs. I am am a curious observer of a mysterious phenomenon that, so far, has defied rational explanation. ET is one possibility but there may be others. And I am open to being persuaded.
Of course John keel was a researcher. Do you know how much time he spent in Point Pleasant, West Virginia investigating the Mothman affair in 1966-67 period???
Have you read his book "Jadoo," which chronicles his extensive travels and investigations?
Apology accepted, but you really need to think carefully from now on about what you write about people, particularly so when something borders close to libel.
20 Comments:
Lies from Nick Redfern in the Air, it is more likely!
By
Anonymous, at Wednesday, July 05, 2017
Calling me a liar is crossing the line. You really, really should not have said that, and particularly in a public forum. Do you have an attorney?
By
Nick Redfern, at Thursday, July 06, 2017
Cool off Nick and cool off Michael. Nothing at Roswell happened in the air, did it? It was all firmly on the ground. And that flimsy contraption they found was merely sticks, tinfoil and rubber.
Boy, some spaceship! But it MAY of course have been one of those model 'spaceship' kits the kids played with in those far off days.
By
cda, at Thursday, July 06, 2017
Don't tell me to cool off. If someone thinks I have been lied to, or if someone believes that I have been the victim of disinformation, I have no problem with debating that - at all. But, when I am personally accused of being a liar, then that is - as I said above - crossing the line, and particularly so when the statement that I am a liar is made publicly.
By
Nick Redfern, at Thursday, July 06, 2017
Right, CDA. A model spaceship kit that MAY have left debris scattered over eleven football fields in length...according to the primary witness. That's a reasonable hypothesis to be sure....
By
Dominick, at Thursday, July 06, 2017
Cool off, Nicky-Boy and dont make: "Mimimi"! ^^
I dont know where the hell you got the Information about what you are wrote in your Book, i thought thats the result of your own research...but when you write:
"If someone thinks I have been lied to, or if someone believes that I have been the victim of disinformation"
then you are not a Liar but who the fuck told you the Roswell-Bullshit in your Book?
Sorry but before i believe that in Roswell crashed any japanese stupid "What ever"´s...i think it was rather a fucking Weatherballoon or Mogulballoon.
The japanese "What ever"´s crash Theory is the stupidest Theory i have ever heard in my hole live about the Roswell-Incident!
I think that the hole UFOlogy makes a step backwards to believe in Theories like that or also Theories of the fucking John Keel. When thats is the Future of UFOlogy i am out of the UFO-Topic because its no difference in believe to a fucking God or Allah and so. The new UFOlogy is like Religion and i hate Religion and fucking Gods, Angels and that Bullshit. Then you can go back to believe in Santa Claus and Elfs and other fucking Bullshit.
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, July 06, 2017
Whoops..."whole live" i mean.
By
Anonymous, at Friday, July 07, 2017
No, I will not cool off. You called me a liar - publicly.
The sources in my book are all listed. They include Australian UFO researcher Keith Basterfield, Popular Mechanics magazine, John Keel's research, and all the interviewees fore the book who I spoke with.
Yes, of course the book also contains my own extensive research as well as the above information.
By
Nick Redfern, at Friday, July 07, 2017
Should a blog moderator 'moderate' his blog when certain, usually moderate, commenters become too immoderate?
By
cda, at Friday, July 07, 2017
I tend not to censor comments, CDA, unless they are truly incendiary or nuts.
The kerfuffle between Nick and Michael is part of a current "anger" demeanor online as TIME magazine reported this week, which I'll be touching on in a few minutes with a post.
Michael didn't call Nick a "liar" but said there were "lies" in Nick's views, a nuanced position surely but not particularly libelous.
Michael's second screed was a bit much but I understand his frustration.
I have a troll who has fixated on me and this blog, because he's jealous of both.
I do ignore his posts which end up in Google's spam pile, but I justify my censoring him as he's a sick person.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Friday, July 07, 2017
Rich:
What Loengard said was to specifically refer to "lies from Nick Redfern." The inference is clear and obvious.
CDA:I don't see why there should be comment moderation. There's far too much censorship in today's world without making it worse.
By
Nick Redfern, at Friday, July 07, 2017
Nick:
I didn't like Michael's insinuation any more than you did, but he said "lies" and I would have liked to see what "lies" he was referring to, and your response to the allegations.
Michael, like my friend, Dominick, is a hard core believer in ETs visiting us in UFOs and Roswell, for Michael, is a matter of fanatic faith.
You recall how Catholic clergy handled people who challenged the faith: The Inquisition.
So, I wrote off Michael's slur as a harmless response to you questioning his Roswell faith.
UFO people know you to be credible and not inclined to prevaricate, so we all brushed off Michael's comment.
You responded, rightfully, and here we are...
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Friday, July 07, 2017
Yeah, I would like to know what in the book he specifically terms lies. Can he point to anything in the book that he can say for sure is a lie? I for sure can't! Or, is he saying that if a story doesn't uphold the ET angle for Roswell, then it's a lie? He should realize that if someone comes to another explanation for Roswell, it doesn't mean that theory is a lie.
By
Nick Redfern, at Friday, July 07, 2017
Well the fix for this unfortunate episode is simple. Michael should simply admit that he "misunderstood" the content of Nick's article and state so.
Nick's livelihood is that of a professional writer, thus Michael is nibbling at the fringes of libel, yet, I'm not an attorney so my thoughts may be off.
We should all be able to move on if Michael offers an apology?
By
Tim Hebert, at Friday, July 07, 2017
Michael approached a litigious statement, as you note Tim, but he didn't cross that line...he came close but in ufology, if every cockamamie riposte was litigated, lawyers would be richer than they are.
Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill.
Michael was rude perhaps, but that's about it.
(Nick is a public figure, thus remarks about him are viewed differently, legally, than they would be for a private person.)
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Friday, July 07, 2017
Ok...first: @Nick:
Sorry that i am call you a Liar! I do not want an offense with you but it just makes me sick that UFOlogie becomes more and more a substitute religion.
What follows next? UFO Churches where we pray to Aliens or like Keel sayed "Ultraterrestriers"?
Second: John Keel was not a Researcher, he was a Writer! And so I also treat his books - as Fantasy Books! John Keel was not a Scientist! But to research UFOs you must to be a Scientist.
By
Anonymous, at Friday, July 07, 2017
Rich,for the third and last time,l am not a hard core believer in ETs visiting us UFOs. I am am a curious observer of a mysterious phenomenon that, so far, has defied rational explanation. ET is one possibility but there may be others. And I am open to being persuaded.
By
Dominick, at Friday, July 07, 2017
Thank you Dominick, for the clarification (again).
I have gotten the impression that the ET scenario is one you're inclined toward, not a final acceptance by you but a favored possibility.
Yet I accept that you're agnostic about UFOs, as many of us are.
For me, the ET explanation is anathema, as you well know but a possibility surely, as everything is possible in this crazy existence we inhabit.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Friday, July 07, 2017
Of course John keel was a researcher. Do you know how much time he spent in Point Pleasant, West Virginia investigating the Mothman affair in 1966-67 period???
Have you read his book "Jadoo," which chronicles his extensive travels and investigations?
Apology accepted, but you really need to think carefully from now on about what you write about people, particularly so when something borders close to libel.
By
Nick Redfern, at Friday, July 07, 2017
> What follows next? UFO Churches where we pray to Aliens
UFO religions have been with us since the beginning of the flying saucer era.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO_religion
By
Terry the Censor, at Sunday, July 09, 2017
Post a Comment
<< Home