UFO Conjectures

Friday, July 28, 2017

The UFO world, like the U.S. government, is in a turmoil

Copyright, 2017, InterAmerica, Inc.
Can the United States government be any more dysfunctional that it is now?

And what about the UFO community?

UFO buffs are looking, exasperatingly, for something worthwhile about UFOs and its attendant sub-categoried topics: Roswell at the top of that hoary list.

From my readers I get the impression they are tired of conjectures, here (and elsewhere).

But how can we (me or anybody) attack the UFO phenomenon anew, when UFOs have become a subliminal mystery. (Yes, some think there continue to be lights seen in the sky, but such enigmatic lights don’t have the cachet that flying saucers and former sobriqueted UFOs had.)

UFOs, today, are boring. Blogs about them, like this one, are also boring. How could they not be?

The UFO phenomenon, as I often note, to the despair of those who want the things to be as exciting as they once were, is truly terminal.

Beating the dead horses of old, classic sightings is futile and loathsome to many. They want some new excitement to revive ufology and the UFO phenomenon with it.

That’s not going to happen.

We have to move on to something less tangential, like what is the meaning of life, today.

Sorry folks.

I’m about done, here. How about you?

(Image above from https://www.saatchiart.com/)

RR

12 Comments:

  • The tome of your post somewhat represents my take. With todays technology UFOs and ETs should be apparent, but it's the opposite as nothing has surfaced that will provide factual evidence to back up the premise...psychiatric pathology seems to have borne some of this out.

    With the advent of smart phones, there should be a plethora of photos from the general pubic...but there is not. If there is, then it is only chum in the waters to propagate hoaxes.

    The average smart phone users has no problem videoing some poor bastard getting the hell beat out of him (with no attempt to intervene), but negates to video anything strange in the skies which I suspect does not interest the current generation.

    Ufology must now venture into the realm of "pathology/autopsy" of folklore or the study of myths on a pure sociological frame of work...the ancient story of Icarus is no different than the present day story of UFOs and ETs so far as research goes.

    By Blogger Tim Hebert, at Friday, July 28, 2017  

  • I'm with you, Tim, as you know.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Friday, July 28, 2017  

  • Rich, just keep doing what your doing. People will comment when it seems right and they have something relevant to offer.

    By Blogger Tim Hebert, at Friday, July 28, 2017  

  • A few authors whose books I reviewed here liked my reviews of their books and I have ended up getting books from publishers (University and Tech press publishers) for evaluation -- more than I can handle actually.

    But I find writing for a new book review venue is awfully appealing for a number of reasons, so I'm content.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Friday, July 28, 2017  

  • RR, -and Tim,

    I can only agree -but begrudgingly. Hell, someone in this group has to remain hopeful!

    As you note, Tim, a camera in so many pockets has yet to give is a Wow moment. How disappointing.

    And RR, I have to again agree with Tim, "just keep doing what you're doing..." it would be great to find a point of revelation here one day.

    We've covered a lot over years on this blog (how many now?) -enough to keep me 'tuning in' each day, usually over coffee in the morning and again later in the evening. My wife often says "what are you reading now" and I say, "THE Blog" and she leave me alone for a while.

    Best regards to both of you,

    BD

    By Blogger Bryan Daum, at Saturday, July 29, 2017  

  • You dared to mention 'Brexit' a while back to something I wrote.

    I can assure you that this topic is completely dominating everything in the UK at present, with it in more or less constant debate, discussion and dissemination practically everywhere. Before long we citizens are going to have a severe dose of a new, highly contagious, disease (unnamed as yet). But we are doomed anyway if we finally exit, according to the 'remainers', often called the 'remoaners'.

    Hence UFOs are in a back seat just now and will remain there, barring a sensational or truly remarkable new sighting.

    Yes, Tim is quite right. Everyone (except me!) has a 'walkie-talkie' phone and/or the latest camera or telecomms gadget, so where are the photos and films of all those objects supposedly invading our skies? There ain't any because there ain't any!

    So ufology is now reduced to distant memories and old fogeys ruminating on its past. Meanwhile real space and astronomical work goes on, but without the minutest chance of confirming anything the ETHers have been desperately hoping for these last 7 decades.

    By Blogger cda, at Saturday, July 29, 2017  

  • Thank you Bryan...

    A revelation from me? That itself would be a revelation....of something.

    I hope to keep inputting items that attract intellectually inclined readers, like you.

    (I have a few things I found this morning [7/29] that intrigue. I'll have them online after I really wake up and have a coffee (or two) with Oreo cookies. (Yep. Love Oreos dipped into Starbuck's Keurig pods.)

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Saturday, July 29, 2017  

  • CDA:

    You're as desperate as the rest of us to see something worthwhile happen in ufology, just to take our minds off mundane nonsense that permeates the societal ether.

    You have Brexit. We have Trump. Both are temporary craziness that will surely pass, just as we, too, will surely pass, with little or no attention from those who attend to UFOs (or anything else actually).

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Saturday, July 29, 2017  

  • Yes, I am desperate to pick up my daily newspaper to see the headline:

    TRUMP TO DECLASSIFY THE ROSWELL FILES

    And no, the date of the said newspaper will not be April 1.

    By Blogger cda, at Saturday, July 29, 2017  

  • Well Rich, there you have it. Those of us who check in to your site on a daily basis providing comments.

    I posted on my blog yesterday highlighting the importance of readers vs. that of comments. timhebert.blogspot.com/

    Take a look when you get the chance...

    BTW, why worry about Trump? We survived Pierce, Bucannon, and Nixon. If the other candidate had won, we would have the same shit storm coming out of Congress...

    By Blogger Tim Hebert, at Saturday, July 29, 2017  

  • Tim:

    You present a well-ordered erudite blog, and your postings should provoke more comments than mine do.

    I think there is a bad case of ufological ennui extant.

    And it goes to my observation that we are all worn out waiting for an explanation to the enigma, which never comes. (It's the meme Charles Ives' The Unanswered Question offers....a philosophical trope of sorts.)

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Saturday, July 29, 2017  

  • A lesson to us all?
    I am reminded of 'ectoplasm' and other things which were the top of the pops for paranormal, mysterious, imaginative and creepy excitement, in there day.
    Ufology's day has been so long, maybe it should face the audience with a bow and fade beside another popular and weird fascination, forever a lesson to us all about just how much can be generated out of a myth.

    Besides, interest in and the study of natural phenomena has no doubt grown more alongside ufology.

    Who is next to slide into a darker corner in human imagination? Bigfoot? Lake-monsters? Ancient but unshown alternative medicines?

    Ufology has had a great run which may have seemed to be getting beyond a joke for a long time. Many wondering how long we must wait for better evidence.

    Then again, abduction and crashes and other things appeared when ufology formerly needed a boost. Will the industry be amazingly revived into flashy popularity again or will the attempts be more like lonely, bleating sheep on a highland mountain?

    Don't slide into that same same darker corner, RRRGroup, your observations may be of great interest to us in the future, we'll tell you if they are not.

    All the best,
    Woody

    By Blogger Woody, at Sunday, July 30, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home