Out of the Ufology loop?
Copyright 2017, InterAmerica, Inc.
I noticed that readers of this blog who have remained
friendly over the years and relatively constant didn’t comment on my recent
minor plight, recounted here and at The Anomalist and Kevin Randle’s
blog.
Now I wouldn’t expect anything from certain UFO buffs who
I’ve come to experience as nasty types. (Tony Bragalia and I had a few
back-and-forths recently about that nastiness in UFO circles.)
But I would expect a comment or two from long-time UFO
friends, but without any I conclude that some rarely visit UFO blogs or
web-sites any more.
My Spanish amigo Jose Caravaca has been silent and Dominick
and Kandinsky to name a few.
I get the feeling that these fellows and ladies are not
reading The Anomalist listings or Kevin’s blog, and probably not Mysterious
Universe where my pal Nick Redfern provides journalistic paranormal and
ufological broadsides that are always intriguing alongside the brilliant Micah
Hanks.
Then there are the musings of Greg Bishop and his
compatriots who always offer an eyeful of juicy mutterings on UFOs and other
odd things.
The skeptical venues of Bob Sheaffer and Tim Printy give
pause for UFO belief as does Gilles Fernandez in France/ Europe.
Eric Ouellet, with his parapychologcial site and Eric Wargo,
with his all things paranormal venue, round out the best in the fringe world
that we all inhabit.
(I see that Jose and Gilles have popular Facebook groups
where one can find almost anyone of stature in ufology commenting.)
If UFO buffs want to stay attuned to what is going on in the
odd world of UFOs and the fringe of reality, they have got to seek out what’s
going on today (and tomorrow).
To evoke occasional interest is stultifying and provides
lacunae about the topics at hand, lacunae that removes any semblance of
intellectual acumen.
As for those too unkind to offer solace to me or Gene
Steinberg or others who have occasional bouts of difficulty with life’s
exigencies, you are the “nasties” that most of us in ufology ignore, or should,
when you offer commentary in our circles.
RR

1 Comments:
Trump is taking up nearly all of my online reading time -- and I'm in Canada! So I suspect this is happening to many others.
I normally wouldn't spend such a disproportionate amount of time reading about US politics, but pretty much since the rise of the birther issue and Glenn Beck, Washington news has been less about good policy and increasingly more about conspiracy reasoning and motivated thinking. This isn't entirely new (I've read Hofstadter), but now conspiracy "facts" and methods have gone from the fringe to the mainstream to the White House.
Every day is an avoidable crisis.
By
Terry the Censor, at Monday, August 21, 2017
Post a Comment
<< Home