UFO Conjectures

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Ufology’s “Where’s Waldo” game

Copyright 2018, InterAmerica, Inc.
What the heck is going on with UFO buffs? Have they all gone quietly mad?

Virtually everyone in the UFO community is spending time and effort looking for UFO sightings, old and new.

But no one, and I mean no one other than Spanish UFO researcher Jose Caravaca is looking for a UFO explanation, a what-are-the-things answer.

Unfortunately Jose’s search pertains to old UFO reports and sightings. The kinds of experiences that he’s tuning into are not happening any more, as I’ve noted several times recently.

But that aside, I’m seeing noted UFO personalities piling up reports, all over the place, mostly old sightings.

Robbie Graham, who’s lost his way within the UFO phenomenon, is grasping at straws by gathering sightings/reports from UFO investigators in Australia and New Zealand.

Even my pal, Nick Redfern is collecting old triangular UFO reports to prove that UFOs exist. Why?

Another pal of mine, Aaron Sakulich, the redoubtable Zoam Chomsky online, persists in his vibrant anti-UFO (atheistic ufology) stance, imploring everyone to accept his view that UFOs do not exist and have never existed.

Sure, his view is loony but exciting with it bombastic patina and lack of intellectual provenance.

I think Christopher O’Brien has set up or is setting up a “look at the skies” site to grab evidence of a UFO presence.

But, again, no one, and I really mean no one, is digging into the phenomenon, scientifically or theoretically to determine what UFOs are or have been.

Thinking that a plethora of UFO sightings will tell us something about the essence of the mysterious phenomenon is wrong-headed in the extreme, and quite mad, despite being so pathetically irrelevant in an investigative sense.

A lot of effort is being expended to what purpose?

Zoam Chomsky and other die-hard skeptics haven’t spurred the rush to conglomerate UFO reports surely.

The efforts are a kind of mass hysteria. UFO advocates are losing their clout in the UFO arena. Their pet phenomenon keeps sliding into an extrinsic state of non-interest by everyone with a sense of what counts in this life and what doesn’t.

Quit counting UFO sightings on your fingers fellows and try to come up with that UFOs are, not that they are.

You’re killing some of us UFO enthusiasts with your purposeless, distracting and insane numbers game.

RR

15 Comments:

  • Rich, as I've posted here before, Ufology has merged into the paranormal umbrella (ghost, big foot, nessie, etc) with the hopes of developing a unified theory.

    Since you brought up Jose's theory again, has Jose looked into present day events that fit his theory? Surely someone within the last 10 years have had an "experience" that rivals his past historical encounters, or we're done with the abduction drama and on to something else...

    By Blogger Tim Hebert, at Thursday, October 11, 2018  

  • As you know Rich, there are as many stories, as there are UFO sightings, and the truth must be in there somewhere, but the thing is, would the truth be recognized for what its worth anyway??..

    Zoam Chomsky & others will have the last say, no matter what the truth might be, and you seem to be in support of this, I'm sorry to say..

    The theme is; "We are not alone!" If there is any truth in this.

    The reply from Zoam & others, would be, BS. There is no such thing as a UFO EVER..

    Sooo! What chance does the truth have, if it IS, "Recognizable" without being called a nut case, by someone who's not on the sams page!?..

    IF it is the truth, we looking for, Try Disclosure! this is the point for Disclosure, Yes I know, not going to happen...YET!:)..........

    By Blogger Daniel, at Thursday, October 11, 2018  

  • Daniel:

    Give up the Disclosure "prayer." It is going to go unanswered, just as entreaties to the gods go unanswered.

    Zoam Chomsky will always have access here to comment, not because he's a friend but because he presents an intellectual underpinning to his view(s).

    He isn't a slave to faith.

    I think his "there-are-no-UFOs" stance is loopy. It misuses linguistics.

    But it is not a meme-ridden plea based on a belief, like "disclosure" -- a stupid refrain in my circles.

    Sure, we are not alone in the vast Universe (cosmos). That would be irrational, it seems to me. But that doesn't mean UFOs contain extraterrestrials that have been or are visiting this Earth, non-stop. That is surely irrational, not probable, maybe possible but a little iffy considering all the reasons I keep presenting here about how remote and insignificant Earth is.

    If you are offended by Zoam's caustic "rebuttals" to some of the views presented here by me and others (you, for one), then you haven't experienced the give and take often found in the academic milieu.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Thursday, October 11, 2018  

  • UFO reports are awful these days. I know I've said it before, but from time to time I have another look at the MUFON case database (as do some Twitter accounts I follow) and the quality of cases is a disgrace.

    Typically, the reports contain few precise details about date, time, place, etc., often have contradictory details, usually are remarkably incoherent, and the images attached are of such poor quality as to be useless. Many of these images are too pixelated, or show light reflections on glass, or lens flare, or distant slow-moving dots of light, or blurred birds...the usual. No pictures of distinct, structured craft doing things beyond the ordinary.

    Ufology needs a good case. Not a mountain of crap cases.

    By Blogger Terry the Censor, at Thursday, October 11, 2018  

  • This is why I much prefer the term UAP. It leaves room for multiple explanations / possibilities / conjectures, as opposed to UFO, which is wedded to the “Object” part, whether that means space aliens in ships, as some would have it, or terrestrial objects of our own making, as others would have it.

    And yes, I know UAP is never going to catch on in the public consciousness, but that’s just fine by me. I also know that more than a few advocates of the UAP term use it simply as a cover to lend a veneer of intellectual respectability to what they really believe are UFOs of the space alien variety. That’s fine, too - I just ignore them.

    PK

    By Blogger Paul Kimball, at Friday, October 12, 2018  


  • -> If you are offended by Zoam's caustic "rebuttals" to some of the views presented here by me and others (you, for one), then you haven't experienced the give and take often found in the academic milieu.<-

    *

    Rich, I'm not offended by Zoams comments at all, it's just that it's difficult to understand his stance, when Ufology is saying there is overwhelming evidence on this subject of UFOs.That they are here, & are real! That we are not alone, as it goes.

    There are so many "upstanding citizens" around the world, saying the same thing,that one cannot understand why Zoam thinks he is right, and they're wrong.
    These people are the ones, who've SEEN UFO..Zoam has not! So why is he so hard headed about this? and he is not the only one.You, your self, have claimed three UFO sightings, and it seems to me, that your in denial of the very thing you have seen with your own eyes.What's going on here, Rich? Are you not sure of what you have seen, that someone might think that your nuts, while you call schizophrenia on others, who might have had a UFO sighting!?

    Come Rich, you & I both have had a UFO sighting. We, like others, just don't know what it was, that we saw, while Zoam & some, say there's no such thing as UFOs.

    There must be,..we, & others have seen them: (Unidentified Flying Object) but what were they? that's the main quetion..Report after report..Round the world.........


    By Blogger Daniel, at Friday, October 12, 2018  

  • My Dear and Old Friend(s),

    Any well immersed in ufology will agree that +- 90% of the so-called UFO corpora are IFO. Sometimes demonstrated as IFO by UFO believers themselves (aka ufologists).

    A 10%/5% residual cases corpus (Aka "I have not the solution for these cases") is a similar (in fact LESSER) to very similar % of unexplainable corpora, like murders, rapes, kidnappings, forest fires, domestic or not Incidents/Accidents... I have "demonstrated" it in several my rare lectures.

    Do you really believe or do you will defend that if these (murders, rapes, etc.) cases have not been solved, it is because an external or a magic entity is at play??????????

    It is exactly what José is doing, but not realizing it (cause his media success?).

    Sorry to be as usual, very direct and rude^^

    Gilles.

    By Blogger Gilles Fernandez, at Friday, October 12, 2018  

  • I have to second Terry' description of UFO sighting data bases. Pathetic in quality is just a starter. I had planned to look at sampling methods from MUFON, but quickly realized the "fools" errand that I faced.

    As Rich knows, or not. I've always proposed a medical H&P approach: subjective and objective data per each case as in practice both either supports one another or one has discrepancies that calls into question the other.

    Or in an a systems operation model: Bullshit in...bullshit out.

    All hail our galactic brothers! Amen...

    By Blogger Tim Hebert, at Friday, October 12, 2018  

  • We understand what your saying, Gilles. I like direct, and you are not rude..

    That 5%...still can be alot of unexplained sightings, that should not be ignored..
    It's these sightings, that should be, the focus of attenion, and not the over all sightings. And we must say that some of the IFOs seen, were not just planes, but were disc shapes and other shapes.

    One of this blogs readers, said he saw a box shape, at one time, and he didn't know what to make of it,either..it can ruin your day:).........

    By Blogger Daniel, at Friday, October 12, 2018  

  • Hello,

    "We" are not "ignoring" such residual cases, but simply stating their statut (not solved, unexplained) can be due to plenty of mundane reasons, from the lack of the good information, of the good expert to a lack of luck to solve such cases, a mundane stimulus so distorted by the witness, that it is impossible to "find" the (mundane) culprit, etc..

    Unexplained cases, like for murders unsolved cases, does not necessary means that if they are unsolved, that is because "exotic" entities or stimuli are at play... IFO and UFO corpora are twins, etc..

    I summarized its "posture" in a very short article at my blog, if you are interested and this, in my broken English^^:

    https://skepticversustheflyingsaucers.blogspot.com/2017/01/seven-points-to-doubt-that-ufo-and-ifo.html

    I know, "my" theory/hypothesis is not sexy versus Vallée/José ones or "nuts and bolts" ones ;) So sorry then!

    Regards,

    Gilles

    By Blogger Gilles Fernandez, at Saturday, October 13, 2018  

  • All good. Gilles and understould thank you........

    By Blogger Daniel, at Saturday, October 13, 2018  

  • I can't speak for everyone else you mention, Rich, but as for what you said regarding me, it's all very easy to explain. You said: "Even my pal, Nick Redfern is collecting old triangular UFO reports to prove that UFOs exist. Why?"

    The answer is simple: I do 2 articles per day (Monday to Friday) for Mysterious Universe. That's 10 articles per week, approx 40 per month. It' difficult to write 40 articles per month on strictly new material, so sometimes I will take a look at an old case. In this case, the Flying Triangle article of mine at Mysterious Universe that you brought up. No puzzle, no mystery.

    By Blogger Nick Redfern, at Monday, October 15, 2018  

  • Understood, Nick.

    I, too, need to resort to past UFO accounts in the absence of new, interesting reports.

    You, at least, bring new insights to older sightings.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Monday, October 15, 2018  

  • The UFO Data Acquisition Project's initial installation of triangulated cameras and multi-sensor data acquisition units (MSDAU) has been devised to do exactly what you are lamenting is NOT being done in the field Rich. The UFODAP team contends that it is now possible and affordable to proactively gain real-time, scientific data from locales that have a higher-than-average amount of per capita sighting events, and in our estimation, the San Luis Valley in south-central Colorado meets this criteria. This location is the first of hopefully many locations that will be outfitted w/ hi-tech cameras, and additional detection instrumentation such as magnetometers, gravimeters, ELF detection equipment, etc. We're also tired of all the garbage in/garbage out data crunching and the constant regurgitating of the Roswell dead horse. Don't you think it's about time someone took the field to the next level of scientific inquiry, got proactive and obtained real, viable scientific data? We do and we'll keep everyone posted on our efforts.

    By Blogger Christopher O'Brien, at Wednesday, October 17, 2018  

  • Christopher...

    You offer exactly what I'm asking for.

    Let's hope your effort is supported and rewarding.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Wednesday, October 17, 2018  

Post a Comment

<< Home