(UFO) Blogging is dead?
Copyright 2019, InterAmerica, Inc.
The Times Literary Supplement [TLS] writes in the January 25, 2019 issue that “the golden age of literary blogging is over …” and “ … as early as 2010 the blogs themselves were lamenting that the ‘golden age of blogging was over’.”
I couldn’t agree more, but then I wrote many times that podcasts were dead, and then they became ubiquitous and popular, although they are in a slump once again now.
Blogs, such as this one, are almost as dead as the Dodo.
UFO people have mostly slunk over to Facebook to spread their thoughts about UFOs, pasting commentary and past events online for the great unwashed.
But Facebook entries are as ephemeral as a wet snow, and Facebook is not an eternal medium, that’s certain.
Books have made a great comeback, as TLS (and others) note. So UFO authors have that medium to keep their ruminations alive for reference and heritage.
UFO commentary needs to be put on cuneiform tablets if they have any chance of being around for future ufologists.
Bloggers and Facebookers will be extinct sooner than later, and the moribund UFO topic with them.
And I am as unconcerned as those who stop by this blog for a whiff without leaving any trace that they have been here.
RR


1 Comments:
I download interesting podcasts but never listen to them. I suppose I want them more for reference -- in case I need them later -- rather than for keeping informed now.
I would rather read.
By
Terry the Censor, at Sunday, February 17, 2019
Post a Comment
<< Home