We are in the realm of madness, UFOs and otherwise
Copyright 2020, InterAmerica, Inc.
We’re all aware that we are immersed in a milieu where madness prevails, much of it from the U.S. White House but also in a surfeiting madness climate in the UFO community.
I’m (mildly) distressed by comments I’ve been getting –
which I haven’t put online here – which absolutely border on
psycho- pathology…..too many to list but a few that some of you can contend with.
Today [3/26/20] this blog (and another we have) received a
few comments from a person who deemed himself as notable as Napoleon Bonaparte
and offered suggestions to better this blog and my thinking.
The problem wasn’t his suggestions about my thinking –
that’s de rigueur here – but his adulation of John Keel – a cultish
appreciation by many in the UFO community.
Let me be clear (again) about my view of Mr. Keel. I liked
his early UFO works and have most of his non-fiction output.
The problem lies in where John ended up at the end of his
life, in the grip of delusion and psycho- logical unhealthiness….almost
schizophrenic in nature – “almost” the operative word here.
(Billy Meier is a typical example of a person whose output
and offerings are mad to the point that they can be discarded.)
John Keel’s later output has masked his earlier work(s) and
that UFO buffs can’t see that for what it is – a delusional setback in his
thinking and being – disturbs.
Lauding John Keel now, without separating his previous work
from his latter work, is symptomatic of the kind of adorations that often
accompany pretenders to divinity or humanitarian leadership.
I won’t insist on listing Rome’s mad emperors – Nero,
Caligula, et al. – or political leaders who were blatantly off-kilter – Ivan
the Terrible, Hitler, Mao, Stalin and our own Trump.
But in the UFO record there are those who should be lauded
and remembered fondly and a few who were mad from the get-go or ended up mad
after suffusing themselves in the phenomenon; John Keel is one of those.
So readers here who lurk rather than contribute, please hold
your fire on my castigations of Mr. Keel’s last outputs. His final works are
useless, and steeped in his descent into the darker aspects of the mind.
(I hate sycophantic followers of men and women who are not
greater than what they are. Trying to make that clear is like trying to unravel
the Gordian Knot.)
N.B. Image atop from the bookcover Spaces of Madness:
Insane Asylums in Argentine Narrative by Eunice Rojas
RR


2 Comments:
Sorry I don't agree. I believe Mr.Keel followed the subject to it's logical conclusion. Illogic, madness. If that's reflected in his books,so much the better for researchers.I think, Hunter Thompson said " if you want to find the edge, you must go over." This was in reference to the cornering limits of high performance motorcycles. I believe it's true for pretty much everything.
By
esp.philbrook, at Friday, April 03, 2020
esp....
John Keel was a good journalistic writer, but near the end he was badgered, by something, to the point that madness overtook him; madness that seems subtle compared to what we normally call insanity.
Hunter Thompson was wildly brilliant but seduced by drugs and alcohol. He gave that brilliance away in side trips to non-essentials.
There has to be better sources for your belief system, yes?
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Friday, April 03, 2020
Post a Comment
<< Home