The Past is Prologue?
Copyright 2020, InterAmerica, Inc.
Infuriatingly, one scrounges UFO sites, blogs, and Facebook
pages only to find sappy copy about past UFO events and sightings.
(This blog just as guilty.)
Why are we UFO enthusiasts stuck in the past?
It’s not just because little or few UFO sightings and
reports are sensational or interesting: lights, vapor trails, benign behaviors,
and blasé perceptions.
It’s because UFOers are, themselves, devoid of innovative
thinking and approaches to UFO study or research, most harking back to activity
that resembles that of the 1970s or earlier.
While there are reams of retrospective ramblings about
flying saucers or UFOs, there is a dearth of anything new or speculative to
read or review.
I saw at Kevin Randle’s blog a graphic of who visits his
blog, from all over the world – many, many visitors apparently – but where are
the comments or reactions to his postings?
Like here, few are commenting – in his case, the usual
sycophants and boobs – and here an occasional drip/drop of commentary.
It may be time to move on to greener intellectual pastures,
where one might discover delights of a more fruitful kind.
RR


17 Comments:
"It may be time to move on to greener intellectual pastures"
With all due respect, has this not been your pursuit, yet the "intellectuals" that have on occasion provided offerings still leave you wanting.
I agree with past UFO events and sightings as being heavy anchors around one's neck, but as of 5 years ago that was the rage. I built my blog around a couple of cases circa 1967-68, yet I had to have some degree of closure.
Common sense and a modicum of logic dictates on a personal level that UFOs have no bearing on my activities of daily living. Forgive me for being repetitive, but the subject matter does not pay the bills...and I see nothing in the day or night skies that tell me otherwise.
The subject matter detracts from other areas of personal pursuits...did I waste 10 years of "research and analysis"? Who knows...
By
Tim Hebert, at Thursday, April 16, 2020
Hi,
Actually, I agree. Most UFO stuff seems just to be a rehash of old old cases (ok, I guess everyone is a bit guilty) and no attempt to formulate any new ideas.
"It may be time to move on to greener intellectual pastures", maybe you`re right there too. After all, it`s pretty obvious (right?) that UFOs are not spaceships from outer space, so the question becomes: what makes us see or experience UFOs? And quite soon the UFOs themselves aren`t that interesting, but perception, consciousness, why do we feel the way we feel when we experience anything (the hard problem of consciousness), what makes some of our perceptions to look/feel like flying saucers..? (At least these are things I`ve been thinking lately, I think they could at least partially explain UFOs too.)
It`s wondering and asking questions that makes us human, right?
JC
By
Jerry Cornelius, at Thursday, April 16, 2020
Jerry:
Consciousness is showing us reality or is it deluding us to think we're seeing or experiencing reality?
That's what we should be considering but thinking about the matter "hurts my brain" as the Pythons had it.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Thursday, April 16, 2020
If this goes away I'll miss the nuts and bolts spaceship angle of the UFO, and the psycho-dramas surrounding it. (The government can still do their cover-ups and fly their big black triangles and that will certainly be entertaining in and of itself.) I hope the Grays/greys as cultural icons go away as well, but that's unlikely.
But if all this moves on in a more reality/consciousness/gods/Big Picture direction than that can be even more interesting.
By
Ron, at Thursday, April 16, 2020
Tim:
The exigencies of existence do take prominence, especially at the moment.
But in the down-time -- if we have any -- topics like UFOs, what TV shows to watch, what to eat for breakfast, et cetera intrude.
They don't matter, as you note, but there they are.....always inserting themselves on our being.
What's killing me lately is how superficial, gaudy, and banal UFO "talk" is -- a woman on Facebook told a story about a sighting of lights she saw while having a smoke on her back porch.
When I wrote that the lights were a warning about smoking, she responded with "I thought this Facebook page was supposed to be serious."
No levity from her -- or a serious, original note -- saw lights, interjected with her puffing a cigarette.
That's the kind of UFO reports or tales appearing online, at Facebook and under blogs and web-sites.
I was being flip, trying to make that point -- speaking to morons.
Then I get, as does my pal Kevin Randle, comments that elude depth or real thought, just belligerent rants or nonsense of a sophomoric kind.
It's a mind-killer -- depressing and saddening.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Thursday, April 16, 2020
Thanks Ron...
I'm trying to hang in here, just depressed about the nature of thinking lately, all over the place, but often relieved by a few visitors here, like you, who hold me together.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Thursday, April 16, 2020
Well here's some strange and ongoing (i.e. yesterday) UAP/UFO phenomena
link: https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/17/mystery-burning-object-flies-uk-skies-leaving-trail-smoke-stayed-20-minutes-12569019/
which rather curiously seems to echo recent reports from the US
link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=004dLGMlfFc (from 0:48)
I realise Rich won't look at it but how else are we to visually compare unusual aerial phenomena captured & recorded via the medium of digital video?
By
DrDee, at Friday, April 17, 2020
Geez DrDee:
I looked at the YouTube video....and again I wasted a few minutes of my life looking at a "fireball" falling from the sky -- not a UFO or craft-like object, but a phenomenon so natural and boring that it exemplifies my ongoing scorn for what we UFOers think is something unEarthly.
Don't send me to see such piffle, please.
It makes me crazy (and a little angry).
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Friday, April 17, 2020
Christ - some one's in a filthy mood!
It's NOT been established exactly what these things are, nor that they are 'natural' by any means (both seemingly appear - and were initially assumed by both casual observers and the emergency services - to be aircraft in distress) and if they are 'fireballs' (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean) why did they take a reported 20 mins to fall with no accompanying sonic/seismic phenomena or indeed any locatable impact site?
By
DrDee, at Friday, April 17, 2020
Yes, DrDee.....I was in a "filthy mood" -- no coffee when I wrote that nor my morning shower yet.....forgive me.
I happened to read just after my moderation of comments here, a thing on the Anomalist listings about chupacabras, again.
Why are any of us concerned about a mangy dog-like thing roaming the countrysides of Earth?
It's stupid.
As for the "phenomenon" you pointed me (and others to), who cares? It's interesting, sort of but doesn't tell us anything other than strange phenomena appear now and then in our reality.
Your YouTube phenomenon intrigued you -- are you getting antsy being closed in there? -- but I hate traipsing over to YouTube to see such inane videos.
I appreciate that you wish to share things that intrigue you -- I really do.
But I have a load of things that intrigue me -- some I slip in here -- but I try to hold back, knowing that much of what interests me, doesn't interest others.
I think we lost Phil for that reason (and because he doesn't like references to things UFO from a geezer like me).
Anyway, the surrounding scenery in the video was nice.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Friday, April 17, 2020
Well, these things are both anomalous and unexplained (as far as I'm aware) which certainly does intrigue me.
Like I said, just what the hell is a 'fireball' exactly - a meteorite? ball-lightning? none of which these things appear to be so they are literally Unidentified Aerial Phenomena/Flying Objects.
They're certainly not 'falling' with the natural rapidity demanded by gravity and also appear to be leaving some sort of 'con-trail' like an aircraft.
In that sense, they're just as fascinating as any other inexplicable aerial anomaly and certainly don't seem to be airplanes in distress (particularly in the current 'no-fly' climate) which witnesses in both the US & UK initially assumed them to be - so given these facts and your dismissive rejection of them as 'unworthy of note' - could you please explain what the hell they are? (Cos I'm buggered if I know)
By
DrDee, at Friday, April 17, 2020
DrDee:
I'm happy you've found something to be intrigued by -- those unusually falling "things."
For me, it's like "lights" in the sky, or odd meteorological phenomena, interesting but not overwhelmingly so.
That's all -- each to his own, as it were.
I may be nuts, but I think UFOs contain something -- or "someones" -- not ETs but something.
Your "bolide-like" thingies don't seem amenable to containing anything meant to survive. I could be wrong, and usually am, but there it is.
Your phenomena are a little like those Scandanavian ghost rockers of 1946. Interesting but not to an extent that we should get obsessed (or compulsed) by them.
Comment as you will about the things and provide YouTube videos, but don't expect this codger to scoot over to the video venue for a look-see. (I don't even look at my own offerings there.)
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Friday, April 17, 2020
Personally speaking, I find all abductee stories ultimately boring and unbelievable, but each to their own. Topics that I'm currently interested in are Remote Viewing, Consciousness, CIA's Project Star Gate etc and if it was all true can we A) manipulate our physical reality (mind over matter etc?) and B) communicate with other beings via meditative consciousness?
Why am I interested in the above all of a sudden? Probably started to question whether this reality was a simulation again due to the current crazy. This allowed me to open my mind to Dr Steven Greer's new documentary. Speaking of which, I tried to debunk his silly photograph of an alien but instead, by tweaking the lighting, uncovered another.. alien. If anyone's interested:
Image 1>
Image 1A
By
Dvelys, at Friday, April 17, 2020
Rich,
I think there`s no doubt that what we experience as a "reality" is only a compilation of our senses, ideas and frameworks. There`s no reality we could experience an sich, unfortunately. -- I`m quite sceptic about human perception, I think we see UFOs and other weird stuff mostly (not always) because of misperception. And consciousness is something worth of wondering.
Funny you mentioned that "hurts my brain" (I didn`t know that Monty Python sketch), just two days ago I wrote a Facebook post about consciousness and quoted David Bowie, "my brain hurts a lot".
By
Jerry Cornelius, at Friday, April 17, 2020
Synchronicity, Jerry?
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Friday, April 17, 2020
Well, these things are unidentified aerial phenomena that seem just as anomalous and intriguing as any other unidentified objects in the skies and whilst they remain 'unidentified' how on earth do we know it's nothing to do with other 'UFOs contain(ing) something -- or "someones" '?
So your narrow definition of 'UFO' boils down to 'a structured object that looks like it might be a piloted vehicle'?
Surely ANYTHING in the sky that eludes & defies identification is a UFO?
You say you don't subscribe to the ETH but that's perhaps one of the most rigid, old-school notions of what qualifies as a UFO I've ever come across which, by definition, surely implies 'nuts & bolts' craft & 'alien' pilots?
*Shocked & stunned*
By
DrDee, at Saturday, April 18, 2020
DrDee...
Don't get shocked & stunned.
Look at my postings about mischievous gods, and see if you can fathom where I'm going with this.
I'm surprised that you'd put me in the ET structured nuts and bolts UFO group after all I've written here, which I hoped you had read over time.
That's part of the problem: Visitors here feel the tail of an elephant and think the animal is like a snake.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Saturday, April 18, 2020
Post a Comment
<< Home