These kind of shots, where the photographer never saw the object while taking the shot, are puzzling. Amateur cameras and their shutter speeds are nothing fancy, so if the disc was moving so fast it couldn't be perceived by the human eye, then wouldn't the image be blurred?
I can't imagine what kind of reflection, etc., could have caused this, but that's the standard answer to such photos.
and this: https://www.metabunk.org/threads/1971-lake-cote-lago-de-cote-ufo-aerial-photo.11729/ (I dislike promoting Metabunk, though it's sometimes hard to ignore.)
I'd be interested if there are counter-arguments to the above.
One video frame, no one saw it, and moreover it's decades old. Hardly the "best" UFO photo ever taken! The newbies will swallow anything! This picture is better than Trent? Better than Heflin? In Trent and Heflin we have multiple photos; we know the camera that was used; we know who the careraman was; we know, with a reasonable amount of certainty, the circumstances of the photo shoot. What's more, we have relatively sophisticated analysis in the literature of both the Trent and Heflin photos....something we don't have here and will never have here.
Ron: Your great link sent me into an opinion and photo evidence black hole for an hour+ leaving me totally confused and wondering just what was correct...
11 Comments:
I thought I'd seen a similar photo before, but the only one I've found so far is the same image, only flopped:
https://news.co.cr/best-ufo-photo-in-the-world-taken-at-arenal-costa-rica-45-yrs-ago/50584/
These kind of shots, where the photographer never saw the object while taking the shot, are puzzling. Amateur cameras and their shutter speeds are nothing fancy, so if the disc was moving so fast it couldn't be perceived by the human eye, then wouldn't the image be blurred?
I can't imagine what kind of reflection, etc., could have caused this, but that's the standard answer to such photos.
By
Ron, at Saturday, May 07, 2022
I'm not kidding Ron -- this is a Rorschach for me.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Saturday, May 07, 2022
9 o'clock, over the water, not the land. Looks like a spinning top. This is the flopped photo from the above link:
https://news.co.cr/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/costarica01.jpg
By
Ron, at Saturday, May 07, 2022
Grazie, Ronald.......I just saw this a few weeks ago, somewhere.
It's a concoction, isn't it?
Maybe Dominick knows. (I was able to get hold of him yesterday. He's likely catching up.)
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Saturday, May 07, 2022
There's this:
https://www.rockymountainparanormal.com/1971costaricaufo/index.html
and this:
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/1971-lake-cote-lago-de-cote-ufo-aerial-photo.11729/
(I dislike promoting Metabunk, though it's sometimes hard to ignore.)
I'd be interested if there are counter-arguments to the above.
By
Ron, at Sunday, May 08, 2022
Thanks, Ron....
I hope readers here will read the material in your links.
The links provide analyses that I'd like to see for almost all UFO photographs.
More than interesting.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Sunday, May 08, 2022
One video frame, no one saw it, and moreover it's decades old. Hardly the "best" UFO photo ever taken! The newbies will swallow anything! This picture is better than Trent? Better than Heflin? In Trent and Heflin we have multiple photos; we know the camera that was used; we know who the careraman was; we know, with a reasonable amount of certainty, the circumstances of the photo shoot. What's more, we have relatively sophisticated analysis in the literature of both the Trent and Heflin photos....something we don't have here and will never have here.
Greetings fellow UFO hunters; I'm back.
By
Dominick, at Sunday, May 08, 2022
Glad you're back Dom...
Yah, calling this photo the "best" is very over the top.
The analyses that Ron provides, above (links), says it all.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Sunday, May 08, 2022
Ron: Your great link sent me into an opinion and photo evidence black hole for an hour+ leaving me totally confused and wondering just what was correct...
Dominick: Another welcome back!
By
Bryan Daum, at Sunday, May 08, 2022
My Google UFO newsfeed is still, today [5/8] touting the 1971 photo as the best UFO pic ever.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Sunday, May 08, 2022
Bryan, I should have put a warning sticker with the links. Dominick, glad you're back.
By
Ron, at Sunday, May 08, 2022
Post a Comment
<< Home