A few things ....
The above is all that Google's UFO newsfeed provided today: pretty lame, yes?
I just received, for review, the book pictured. (It fits my ongoing need to absorb all the "nonsense" about reality, which, as I told Dominick, haunts me.)
There was a paragraph in that TLS review of some math books I noted yesterday. It pertains to how I'd like this blog to be read:
" ... when Stewart [author of What's the Use] writes that 'narrative is more important than nitpicking logic[,] the aims are to be clear, concise, and above all convincing.' ... I [the reviewer] agree. I am also with Ellenberg [author of Shape] when he says: 'Proof is an essential tool ... but it is not the point. The point is to understand things.'"
Finally, I've been told, again, that there is a photo of a UFO [UAP?] captured by a Navy pilot which shows windows in the thing seen. I often get nudges about UFOs from Facebookers, and this one has come up before. I'm hoping to get the alleged photo and will share it here.
RR

4 Comments:
Re: UFOs with windows. A view seems like such a human need, and windows are old technology. But put that aside: a photo has been circulating outside official channels? An interesting development that hopefully comes with a checkable backstory.
By
Ron, at Wednesday, July 06, 2022
Because of my comments on Facebook, I get odd notes, often from attractive women, if their photos are real.
But the offerings usually turn out to be less than implied.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Wednesday, July 06, 2022
Since we are sort of discussing the nature of reality (a tangent UFO concern for me) the expression "if their photos are real" is interesting on several levels. The photos are certainly a part of reality (they are real) but they may not reveal the ultimate "reality" of the women involved. And that's my very simple example of a Plato paradox!
When will we get back to Roswell (!) and/or how Bill Meier (has he ever been discussed here?) was able to fake that infamous long distance wood-cut photo of a clearly defined UFO? Never, ever seen that explained....
By
Dominick, at Wednesday, July 06, 2022
Tony Bragalia was going to do something on Meier but hesitated when a guy who provided info of a ruse couldn't be located.
I like Meier's chutzpa but otherwise avoid presenting anything about him or his contrived mythology.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Wednesday, July 06, 2022
Post a Comment
<< Home