Has a slightly known UFO skeptic folded his tent and skulked away?
Copyright 2023, InterAmerica, Inc.
Tim Printy is a skillful amateur astronomer and a fellow who has dismissed many UFO sightings and cases over the years.
When I received my first copies of Skeptical Inquirer (sorry) I noticed that Tim was listed as one of the magazine's contributing Fellows.
But the new May/June issue doesn’t have him listed.
Shostak, Dawkins, Oberg, Druyan are there but no Printy.
Has he dropped out or given up his skeptical mode – because UFOs are now proven to exist (even though renamed UAP) – and is he okay?
I’ve had my tiffs with Tim but he’s a good guy basically, so if anyone knows something, leave a comment.
RR
Tim Printy is a skillful amateur astronomer and a fellow who has dismissed many UFO sightings and cases over the years.
When I received my first copies of Skeptical Inquirer (sorry) I noticed that Tim was listed as one of the magazine's contributing Fellows.
But the new May/June issue doesn’t have him listed.
Shostak, Dawkins, Oberg, Druyan are there but no Printy.
Has he dropped out or given up his skeptical mode – because UFOs are now proven to exist (even though renamed UAP) – and is he okay?
I’ve had my tiffs with Tim but he’s a good guy basically, so if anyone knows something, leave a comment.
RR

5 Comments:
RR,
He was active on Facebook yesterday. The "about" info still says he's interested in UFOs from a skeptical viewpoint.
https://www.facebook.com/tim.printy
By
jlmet, at Sunday, April 23, 2023
Thanks jlmet...
I just got your note (and one from Tony Bragalia).
I could ask him why he's no longer a Skeptical Inquirer Fellow, but I don't think he'd offer an answer.
We had a small interaction a few months ago.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Sunday, April 23, 2023
RR:
I doubt he's dropped his skepticism. He commented on this post of Kevin Randle's a week ago to debunk a photo Kevin had posted: https://kevinrandle.blogspot.com/2023/04/coast-to-coast-am-ufo-archives-and.html. (I have to say it's pretty disappointing that KR thought that photo worthy of serious consideration as a UFO.)
Martin
By
Martin Black, at Sunday, April 23, 2023
Kevin, under a lot of strain with his wife's illness and death, might have been a little lax when he entered that photo.
It's not a great photo but makes his point perhaps.
This goes to how blase we've all become about UFOs -- orbs, lights, balloons, smudges, etc. all part of the phenomenon now.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Sunday, April 23, 2023
RR:
Good point. I hope KR is doing alright.
Re: your general point: the worsening carelessness as regards UFO evidence perhaps has been directly fostered by the annoying UAP appellation. Everyone is encouraged to take any funny looking bit of junk that might or might not be in the air--as opposed to the lens or window etc.--as potentially mysterious.
Martin
By
Martin Black, at Sunday, April 23, 2023
Post a Comment
<< Home