Jacques Vallée "UFO, Trinity, Aliens, Religions, Consciousness"
https://youtu.be/XHsroufqesk?si=YV0C35_ELLiaG-s0
Vallee, about a year ago. Is he compos mentis?Has the brilliant Vallee lost it?
https://youtu.be/XHsroufqesk?si=YV0C35_ELLiaG-s0
Vallee, about a year ago. Is he compos mentis?
4 Comments:
No, I don't think that he has lost it, at least not in this interview. I did 30 minutes of this very long interview and found Vallee careful, engaging and entirely cogent. Think about this. He must have done hundreds of these kinds of interviews over his long career. He has answered these very same questions hundreds of times. What is remarkable here is that he shows no boredom with the questions and no confusion with his responses. It is obvious that he is still curious about the mystery and that he is willing to entertain insights from fields of study far beyond just computer science. Did not think that I could learn anything new from this interview. I was wrong.
By
Dominick, at Sunday, January 28, 2024
Yah, I'm still in the Vallee camp but a number of my Ann Arbor pals and UFO/UAP followers are swept up in the TRINITY scandal -- which I'm noting in a posting for here later today [1/28].
That Vallee was apparently conned or gulled by the characters in his book is troubling, to many, and me too.
Vallee's commentary during this video is a year old or more. Is he touching a dementia notch?
I would hope not and still look forward to his observations as those which he offered in the not long ago Jesse Michel's video placed online here.
But a new book about some greats -- Kant, Heisenberg, and Borges -- reviewed in the 1/12 TLS -- allows for glitches in reasoning by lofty thinkers.
Thus I cut Vallee a lot of slack no matter TRINITY or other apparent gaffes. but let's not go overboard with adulation.
The mind is adept at losing its credibility for a number of reasons -- no one is immune.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Sunday, January 28, 2024
I agree with your Vallee/Trinity observations. Shameful. Hard to believe that the man who did the posted interview here--calm and thoughtful--is the same guy that fell headlong into the Trinity hoax/hole.
By
Dominick, at Sunday, January 28, 2024
Well, some of us, like you Dom, and me and Vallee too, like to believe people are trustworthy and honest altho we also know that's naive -- but yet we hope for the best.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Sunday, January 28, 2024
Post a Comment
<< Home