Love/Hate in Ufology
Copyright 2018, InterAmerica, Inc.
While checking a few things that French UFO skeptic Gilles Fernandez proposes about UFOs (and IFOs, Identified Flying Objects, his favorite acronym), I am reminded that his skeptical views and explanations are brilliant and academic.
http://skepticversustheflyingsaucers.blogspot.com/
While checking a few things that French UFO skeptic Gilles Fernandez proposes about UFOs (and IFOs, Identified Flying Objects, his favorite acronym), I am reminded that his skeptical views and explanations are brilliant and academic.
http://skepticversustheflyingsaucers.blogspot.com/
Lately he is irritated by my Airship meanderings and the attention they get. (I understand his pique.)
I get under people’s skin. (Greg Bishop wrote recently, at
Gilles’ Facebook page, that I’m a “whore.”)
I know that many of my ramblings – especially the anti-ET
stuff and Earth is insignificant proposition – make people squirm and cause
them to be irked that I continue to persist in such obtuse (to them) views.
They hate those views (and me sometimes).
But the great anthropologist Ashley Montagu told us that the
opposite of love is indifference not hate.
That I propose seemingly idiotic (to some) views here, without the help of face-to-face dialogue, causes many in the UFO community to eschew this blog and me.
That I propose seemingly idiotic (to some) views here, without the help of face-to-face dialogue, causes many in the UFO community to eschew this blog and me.
Gilles remains tethered somewhat but his friendship is
teetering. He doesn’t like it that I think there’s something to the 1896-1987
Airship wave(s) and UFOs altogether, and that I get some attention from a few (The
Anomalist) that understand my disruptive and cavalier nature.
I’m sorry that Greg Bishop and others hate my views (or me),
when they should be indifferent, but there it is…
RR



11 Comments:
I know that I'm repeating myself, but this subject is not worth getting angry. We are all mature men and women (I'm 60) and the thought that we are in any form of a hot debate over UFOs is insanity or stupidity, take your choice.
I like the philosophical conversations...but I too can be a sarcastic bastard.)
By
Tim Hebert, at Saturday, June 23, 2018
"A sarcastic bastard" you, Tim? I can't imagine it
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Saturday, June 23, 2018
Rich we need your acidic and irreverent post... ufplogy is stiff at many angles... and you dynamite them all equally ;)
By
jacarav@ca, at Sunday, June 24, 2018
What it's really about, is a personality clash of opinions. Not everyone is going to agree, one way or the other.
All the more reason for Disclosure, to stop the infighting on this topic.
Everyone wants to be right, & no one, wants to be wrong. You know this, Rich!?
It's human nature! You win some, you lose some. None of us know the real truth, some might think they do, & this can only lead to personality clashes of opinion, until Disclosure......
By
Daniel, at Sunday, June 24, 2018
Daniel, what is meant by "Disclosure"?
Disclosure is the last refuge of conspiracy delusions with a sprinkling of paranoia thrown in for good measure.
The proponents of "Disclosure" is a hall of fame for nut jobs and lunatics: Michael Sala is a good example...there are many more.
By
Tim Hebert, at Sunday, June 24, 2018
There will not be disclosure because there is nothing to disclose. So, daniel, i guess your opinions are are on the wrong side of the truth. There is no "until", this is it: there is zero evidence of UFOs being real and this is not an opinion!
By
Unknown, at Sunday, June 24, 2018
C'mon Daniel, you know better.
Hell, the US government could disclose every scrap of info it ever collected on UFOs tomorrow morning, and Ufology would reject it because it didn't support or validate 70+ years of BS, lies, and hoaxes perpetrated for the sole purpose of sucking money from the pockets of gullible "true believers".
"Disclosure" has become like a hypnosis trigger word that prompts believers to automatically reach for their wallets.
By
purrlgurrl, at Sunday, June 24, 2018
Well now, Hahaha, look what come out of the woodwork Rich? your not alone:) it seems
an attempt to put Daniel in his place. lol, Listen guys, let's say your all correct for now, as it appears, "for now" How will you all change your tune, should the Government announce publicly, that WE, that is, the world is not alone. etc. This official Disclosure of "UFO" may not come from the USA. but from any other Country that has had UFO sightings.The US is not the only place of UFO sighting so we can understand your stance as nonbelievers in UFO. None of which, any of you have seen a UFO so you have no reason to believe that others have, that's understandable, but to hold a negative attitude on this subject, leave you little to talk about, with such a closed mind to the possibilities, that just maybe, there could be something to it, and your wright; "purigurrl" I do know better, this is why we sit on the fence, as it were. I neither believe nor disbelieve, just keep an open mind, like a parachute; it doesn't work unless its open, yeah?.....
By
Daniel, at Monday, June 25, 2018
Yeah, well, l I'm also waiting for the unicorn herd held by government, being disclosed to the world.
Daniel, chapeau! You are quite the angler
By
Unknown, at Monday, June 25, 2018
dubious f:)
Nice one, my dubious friend. We hear you! Hahaha!
The only difference being though, is there is more reports on UFO sighting, than you read on unicorns:) but you now, who knows what you might reel in, it will either be something fishy going on, or ruin your day:)...
UFO for me, are the puzzling reports of the world, of UFO mysteries. Having seen something myself, with others, that was profound & unexplainable.
"Assumptions" can explain some things, but in the end, it is just that; only
an assumption. So with an ear on the ground, & an eye on the sky, we move on, no better off, for having had the experience, but knowing that something is going on that we don't understand, as yet!...unicorns? Hahaha.. Let me know, when you catch one:) Good to see you back in the fold.........
By
Daniel, at Monday, June 25, 2018
You know, Zoam has grilled me over this sighting of mine, and probably thinks I'm not grilled enough, but you know, I think he has broken his own record, for skepticism, don't you?:)........
By
Daniel, at Monday, June 25, 2018
Post a Comment
<< Home