UFO Conjectures

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

ETs vs Time and Distance

Copyright 2019, InterAmerica, Inc.
I’ve often noted that my first major in college was Astro-Physics, from which I departed early on, having trouble with the math and others who insisted upon The Big Bang Theory which I despised and still do, but that for another time.

Digging out some of my old text books (outdated) and other astronomy tomes in my book collection(s), I was surprisingly struck by how much distance and especially time it would take for an alien species from another star system to travel to Earth: thousands of years from the nearest star (Proxima Centauri in the Alpha Centauri A and B cluster, a binary system), this at the speed of light, or more depending upon the method used for travel or less using the possibility of Einsteinian space/time warps:


For other stars, often mentioned by Ancient Astronaut/Alien theorists and UFO/ETH advocates, the distances and times are even more vast.

Could an alien species or even von Neumann probes function that long or be doing so in the numbers indicated by UFO reports of alleged visitations?

Would an advanced extraterrestrial civilization still be extant after vast periods of time, considering the volatility endemic to the cosmos and/or the nature of civilizations no matter how stable they are (or were) in an historical period of time?

ETHers have got to give up the ghost of their imagined source for UFOs.

The idea is preposterous, on its face, especially for the alleged UFO visitations, past and present, making up UFO lore.


RR

12 Comments:

  • -> The idea is preposterous, on its face, especially for the alleged UFO visitations, past and present, making up UFO lore.<-

    Haha! Your right, It IS preposterous, on the face of it, that is, in human terms of thinking, but lets say, that is, if Aliens exist at all, that they have had all the time in the universe to get here, and discover Earth, a very long time ago.

    For all we know, they could be closer now, more so, than we realize, like based here on Earth, or the moon, mars, somewhere not too far from Earth, I mean living here where ever. Why not? Earth has every thing they need, that we need!? and they are not going to show themselves so readily, for we're known, to shoot first, and ask question later. The remainder of this story, you all ready know, believe it or not, can't say..........

    By Blogger Daniel, at Wednesday, February 13, 2019  

  • Daniel...

    I luv ya, but you are a true believer even when you say you aren't.

    Nobody is coming or came to this solar system or Earth from a planet elsewhere in the galaxy and not from a civilization far, far away in the vast unending Universe.

    This puny planet is not a draw. It's insignificant, in the great scheme of things.

    For us, humanity, it's spectacular but to non-humans it's a puke.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Wednesday, February 13, 2019  

  • Hahaha!..Where have I heard this before?:) Keep smiling Rich:) They're likely reading this as well:) how preposterous would that be?:)..........

    By Blogger Daniel, at Thursday, February 14, 2019  

  • Isn't ufology more or less defunct now?

    Where have all those UFO groups that flourished decades ago gone to? There must have been a zillion in the US, a lot fewer in the UK (but still plenty of them), each with its own monthly or quarterly newsletter. Those were the days. Where are they now? I suppose social media has taken over, but even that won't last much longer, as you say.

    I doubt if even a big, sensational sighting would revive interest now.

    That is, unless the ETs really landed en masse. But they won't, will they?

    By Blogger cda, at Thursday, February 14, 2019  

  • While your comment belongs in the previous posting, CDA, let me just write that it's the mechanisms that address UFOs -- blogging, web-sites, podcasts, et al. -- that are going the way of the dodo.

    UFOs will remain a sub-cultural topic for a few old-timers, like us, who can't give up the ghost that the phenomenon has become.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Thursday, February 14, 2019  

  • I stay with my gut feelings, that something interesting is "STILL" going on, just for the reason, that only a few years ago, my family & friends next door, were celebrating the new year in, just before midnight, when one of them suddenly exclaimed..

    What the f*** is that? Everyone looked, in time to see four redish orbs coming from the East, flashed over the house to the West, and then vanish off to the south, till they couldn't see it any more..Now what was that?..No one knew! I later spoke to them,they all had seen the same thing, all in a matter of seconds, and was the talk of the evening, that night..

    They never reported thier sighting, but some others who had seen it, apparently DID!

    Now WHAT, makes a red light, and speeds that fast, on a turn, that you have only seconds to see it in!? I ask you, it's nothing WE know of, and you can't blame anyone for thinking, the only thing left to consider, are our visitors, we call ETs.

    Now I have no need for reports on UFO.. to know that something interesting is going on here. I have NO reason to doubt these guys next door who had this sighting and then to add to all this, are the UFO Reports in general, from other witnesses of more or less the same thing seen...So what am I to think? There is I admit, not much of a reason to believe, but also no reason to doubt, so I hold to; I neither believe nor disbelieve in what I hear, just take it all in until, something makes this curious jigsaw-puzzle, come to light:)..........

    By Blogger Daniel, at Thursday, February 14, 2019  

  • I agree that there is a substantial, mysterious phenomenon afoot.

    That it is made up of ET visitors is a bit much for me and others.

    It's a possibility but not a probability for some of us, for all the reasons enumerated here over the past few years.

    RR

    By Blogger RRRGroup, at Thursday, February 14, 2019  

  • > using the possibility of Einsteinian space/time warps

    Something I haven't seen ufologists address whenever they latch onto a method for achieving near-light speed, or a cheat for beating that limit, is how do the alien bodies survive such an extreme process?

    "Although only present at a density of around one atom in a cubic centimetre, the cosmos’s ambient hydrogen would translate into a bombardment of intense radiation. The hydrogen would shatter into subatomic particles that would pass into the ship, irradiating both crew and equipment. At speeds around 95% of light, the exposure would be near-instantly deadly. The star ship would heat up, too, to melting temperatures for essentially any conceivable material, while water in the crew’s bodies would promptly boil."

    http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150809-how-fast-could-humans-travel-safely-through-space

    That analysis just refers to problems of high speed. Would travelling through a worm holes -- or some other exotic shortcut that can transport matter and energy a greater distance than light speed -- destroy the structure or function of a biological entity? Would a living body be passed through, but only after being crushed into a point or being converted into energy?

    If anyone in ufology (or even in proper science) has done a literature review about this, I'd like to read it. At the very least, it gets UFO talk back into a solid scientific framework.

    By Blogger Terry the Censor, at Sunday, February 17, 2019  

  • You have made some interesting points here, on the "effects" at the speed of light, Terry!?

    But I've heard, that the "laws" of Physics, in science "CHANGES" on the speed of light, "dramatically" when achieving, light speed... to a new set of rules, that come in to play, when applied correctly, something to do with [Zero point energy] within the technology of the disc, generating this field..

    This CHANGE of PHYSICS, in the law of science, at the speed of light, was explaind in some considerable detail, to the Citizens Congressional hearing at the National Press club,on UFO Disclosure..April 29th. 2013 if you wish to check it out, Terry:)........

    By Blogger Daniel, at Monday, February 18, 2019  

  • > But I've heard, that the "laws" of Physics, in science "CHANGES" on the speed of light, "dramatically" when achieving, light speed... to a new set of rules

    Daniel, you have made my point: A biological entity created and sustained under the current set of physical "laws" would likely undergo "CHANGES" -- I dare say "dramatically" -- when subjected to a new set of physical laws.

    > Zero point energy

    A genuine term of physics dishonestly wielded like a magic wand by...

    > the Citizens Congressional hearing at the National Press club on UFO disclosure

    ...cranks and kooks who have nothing but lies to back their claims.

    (Your move.)

    By Blogger Terry the Censor, at Tuesday, February 19, 2019  

  • I've got one word for all of you; infinity. Literal never-endedness of which we are barely a nano-sized particle of; an existence that is practically too overwhelming to truly fathom. Regardless of who, what, when, and how the anomalous sightings originate-people know what they see. Valid sightings of anomalous air craft have been being reported forever! We have hardly begun to explore or understand the depths of our own oceans, and yet we're crituiqing modes of travel that we likely do not even have the capacity to comprehend:-)

    By Blogger Mokelumne, at Tuesday, February 19, 2019  

  • Terry:

    ->...cranks and kooks who have nothing but lies to back their claims.<-

    If that were so, Terry, it was certainly a comprehensive explanation in detail to Congress...a back & fourth conversation on the subject..

    You have a nice day, Terry! because the end result is out there, and we don't know why or how!..........

    By Blogger Daniel, at Tuesday, February 19, 2019  

Post a Comment

<< Home