A book for the ravenous readers here; those seeking enlightenment of special kinds.
I hate to do this to some of you but a new book listed in TLS is up our alley here, for the fans of Foucault and those smitten by the recent dust-up by me about my pal Bryan Sentes' erudition.
The word "Parresia" was unknown to me, which would anger my Jesuit teachers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parrhesia
The spelling at Wikipedia differs, from the Chicago Press book cover, but Chicago uses a diacritic over the letter "e" offering a proper accounting of the word.
I'll have at it after the book arrives from a source. Amazon has it for $35, hardcover.
RR
The word "Parresia" was unknown to me, which would anger my Jesuit teachers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parrhesia
The spelling at Wikipedia differs, from the Chicago Press book cover, but Chicago uses a diacritic over the letter "e" offering a proper accounting of the word.
I'll have at it after the book arrives from a source. Amazon has it for $35, hardcover.
RR

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home