UFO Conjectures

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Grammatical correctness

A few people keep sending grammatical correcting notes for some content here, mine and that from others.

First off, I’m not about to correct anything submitted here from others. Their material is sacrosanct as far as I’m concerned, and will be presented verbatim.

As for me, I have a Grammarly oversight program that “corrects” any grammar faux pas I commit, which are many sometimes, especially singular verbs for multi-subjects and the reverse of that.

But those irritating sleuths who think they are teachers of grammar will not be acknowledged. Their pretentious efforts go right to the delete or spam areas of Blogger.

I seek correcting material for content here, for the topic, if necessary. Readers here will have to, and often do, overlook my grammatical errors, some from the auto-correcting aspects of the computers or phones I’m using for input.

So, you asses who think your grammar is better than mine or Grammarly’s can forget about getting your grammatical whims online, especially for those pieces that others are kind enough to provide to this blog.

RR

1 Comments:

  • I expect thoughtful and competent composition from the writer of an article, but not commenters. The writer picks the subject and has an idea to convey, desires the utmost clarity, and so takes some care. But commenters are replying to numerous alerts, when they have a free moment, no doubt on tiny phone keypads, while trying to stay upright on a crowded bus, or suffering through a smoke break in the blustery cold. Mocking their grammar or typos is cheap.

    Toronto baseball bloggers are the worst. They can't write worth a damn. I leave them constructive notes. I only attack commenters for the wilful stupidity of their ideas (usually, of the kind: management is conspiring to keep us from our birthright of a World Series championship!) But I wouldn't drive away commenters because they lack minimal thumb dexterity. I would be all alone!

    By Blogger Terry the Censor, at Monday, March 02, 2020  

Post a Comment

<< Home