Irrationality and dreck in the UFO arena
Copyright 2020, InterAmerica, Inc.
As I scour the postings in Facebook’s UFO groups, I’m noticing batches of materials that are irrelevant, older than dirt, or a push by many to make a mark in Ufology before they pass.
Some long-timers – I’m not going to mention their names – see the handwriting on the wall (their coming deaths) and are trying to scrape some serious recognition within the UFO community.
But then there are those who are on the fringe of the UFO world who push forward anything, no matter how inane or vapid, striving for attention.
The mess created by UFO stragglers and wannabes is not only sad but pathetic.
What does one gain by a modicum of fame or attention within the walls of the UFO universe?
I’ve tried to sift through the vast dumping of stuff that seems to have value, bringing the crumbs to a few of my blogs, but lately the dumpings have gotten so vast and useless that sorting the good from the bad (or worthless) has become tiresome, putting me into the senseless category I’m berating here.
But one will get noticed and some feedback there – at Facebook – while feedback here and elsewhere in the blogger realm remains muted or ignored.
I’ll see how much longer this can go on here.
RR


4 Comments:
Well you know I'm reading at least.
Martin
By
Anonymous, at Saturday, October 03, 2020
Martin,
Are you finding anything new or innovative in your UFO searches?
Or is it just the 2020 milieu?
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Saturday, October 03, 2020
Saw a late night rebroadcast of the disclosure conference at the national press club.
Were all those honorable men testifying somehow unreliable? I think not. Greer may have had his own issues (so I heard but did not pursue) but those credentialed men -who offered to testify under oath- were convincing (as was Greer), and I have not heard of any significant refuting of their testimony.
Now we get 15 year old reporting from the Navy...?
By
Bryan Daum, at Sunday, October 04, 2020
RR: The only new UFO stuff of value I've seen this year has been in private emails from a researcher friend. The material out in public has all been rehash or silly.
Martin
By
Anonymous, at Tuesday, October 06, 2020
Post a Comment
<< Home