Kevin Randle on Richard Doty
Rich –
I have watched about half of the interview with Doty and I’m not impressed. Remember, Doty was working with Bill Moore and Moore, with Bob Pratt, and one other unidentified man (but probably was Doty) wrote a novel, Project Aquarius, in 1980, which is, in essence, the blueprint for MJ-12. That means that much of what he talked about had been invented in this novel about an OSI agent involved in UFO research.
I noted a few problems with his story. He said that the crash took place to the southwest of Corona, but it was actually to the southeast.
He said that the aliens had four fingers, no opposable thumb, with little sucker pads on the ends of the digits. This is straight from Glenn Dennis, who, I suspect, got it from the 1953 movie, War of the Worlds. Dennis has been, of course, discredited and the idea of the four fingers and sucker pads has not surfaced in other descriptions of alien creatures.
He maintains that two craft collided in 1947, one found by Brazel and the other coming down near Horse Mesa (Horse Springs?) but wasn’t found until 1949. It was supposed to be similar to the first craft found.
He suggested the crash took place at the end of June, but Mack Brazel was in that field, according to his son on a regular basis, every other day or every two days. It was a watering station for the livestock, so, Brazel would have found the craft then, and not on July 3rd or 4th.
He claimed that the craft were brought down in a lightning storm but I find it hard to believe that a race capable of building a craft that can travel interstellar distances would be defeated by lightning.
You all must remember Doty was a trained OSI agent, which means he would be skilled in dissecting stories told by others. He would avoid the weasel words, and go for the positive. Gerald Anderson once described the writing he’d seen on the craft by saying that “I would imagine that it looked as if it was embossed,” or something like that. Doty would say, “The writing was embossed on the metal.”
Given Doty’s past history, given what was know of his involvement with Bill Moore and the MJ-12 Fiasco, and that his information is inaccurate based on the first-hand testimony of the participants such as Patrick Saunders and Edwin Easley, I find nothing of particular interest in what Doty said. It is more of the same that we have been given in the past and without some way to confirm and corroborate what he has said, I am not persuaded by what he said.
These are some preliminary thoughts on this, but I have seen nothing to suggest that what Doty is saying is completely accurate.

11 Comments:
Thanks Kevin. Much appreciated.
"These are some preliminary thoughts on this, but I have seen nothing to suggest that what Doty is saying is completely accurate."
But is "complete" accuracy the issue? If I were doing a live, long interview about events that happened decades ago, I might get quite a few details wrong. The very essence of the story, however, is that as an intelligence officer for the AF, Doty was involved in several SAPs that revealed (to him) that aliens and their crafts crashed and were recovered. He also claims that several other memebers of the retired "spook" community are of the same opinion. Thus, there ought to be a way of corroborating the essence (not the details) of Doty's story.
Now even if we grant that the essence of Doty's story is (was) disinformation, what would be the point of maintaining that deception? And if he's such a good soldier in that regard, why would he include sensitive material in his manuscript that the AF and Pentagon are allegedly attempting to censor?
One way to resolve all of this is to demand that Doty provide (SOME, ANY) corroboration for his extra-ordinary claims.
By
Dominick, at Friday, March 11, 2022
-> Now even if we grant that the essence of Doty's story is (was) disinformation, what would be the point of maintaining that deception? And if he's such a good soldier in that regard, why would he include sensitive material in his manuscript that the AF and Pentagon are allegedly attempting to censor? <-
Good point Dominick, So much time gone by, why would Doty hold to disinformation?.....
By
Daniel, at Friday, March 11, 2022
Now, why would you fellows continue to use an iffy source?
Are you guys so desperate for disclosure you're acting irrationally?
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Friday, March 11, 2022
Because Rich, Doty's reputation of disinformation, no longer fits! Can't you see that as Dominick has pointed out....Who's irrational?:) Dominick is very good at picking up on things like this.I'm surprised you even commented in this light..
You know, if the truth was to ever run into us, would we ever beleive it,if we came across it!?
Doty tells a good story of his experience, as far as he can recall given that so much time has gone by, and as Dom: has pointed out;..
->[But is "complete" accuracy the issue? If I were doing a live, long interview about events that happened decades ago, I might get quite a few details wrong. The very essence of the story, however, is that as an intelligence officer for the AF, Doty was involved in several SAPs that revealed (to him) that aliens and their crafts crashed and were recovered. He also claims that several other memebers of the retired "spook" community are of the same opinion. Thus, there ought to be a way of corroborating the essence (not the details) of Doty's story.]<-
As Dom: points out, Rich...[the essence (not the details) of Doty's story.]........
By
Daniel, at Friday, March 11, 2022
Dan...
I'm trying to stay as far away from iffy types as I can: Strieber, Keel's (last days of madness), scholars, who aren't, and just plain nut-cases.
Doty's past is prologue.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Friday, March 11, 2022
Hahahaha!...You Rich, are looking for the truth from someone, you feel are not nut-cases. On the other hand, it's the nut-cases that may have the truth, for the reason they are thought of, as being nut-cases,what a laugh lol.It amuses me,to think that we maybe surrounded by nut-cases telling the truth, that no-one believes, or steers clear of:..Doty dose not seem dotty, to me, but I'm paying attention to the possibility of ALL stories we hear or read about..Good luck Rich, in your quest to find the truth....
By
Daniel, at Friday, March 11, 2022
Thank you Daniel.
Doty is not a path to the truth.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Friday, March 11, 2022
A little late to the party here I'll note that one of the more interesting points of the Doty references was that he said 90% of what Bob Lazar's claims were true.
That statement sent me back to reviewing Lazar's claims and the total weirdness of all of it. The first polygraph test was deemed inconclusive while the second scheduled and reported by George Knapp came back as apparently truthful.
Considering the whole of the Lazar story -to include his highly suspicious claims of higher education studies that no one could verify- that brings me back to Doty's comments on him and, of course, Doty's own claims and warnings of his own deceptions.
That makes it an all or nothing evaluation. Likely they are both prevaricators...but if...
BD
By
Bryan Daum, at Saturday, March 12, 2022
Bryan...buddy o' mine:
Don't embrace the Doty scenario; it's a trap for the unwary and gullible.
You're beyond that.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Saturday, March 12, 2022
Rich -
Let me make two additional points here. I said he wasn't completely accurate, which was not a suggestion of inside information. He worked with Bill Moore and some of what Bill Moore published about Roswell was accurate... Bill Brazel was the son of the man who found the debris and Jesse Marcel was the air intelligence officer at the 509th. When we move toward the Plains of San Agustin, well, that it all highly inventive and has no corroboration at all. I do not believe that Doty has, or had, any inside information. Just look at the Linda Howe tale to see how far off the mark he was.
Second, Doty was not an intelligence officer... he was an NCO, a sergeant, and it would be more appropriate to say that he was a sergeant with the AFOSI. Saying officer suggests a higher level of importance. I don't know if Doty ever suggested he had been an officer.
Just thought I would mention it.
By
KRandle, at Saturday, March 12, 2022
Thanks, Kevin:
Anything that can keep my readers from going off the deep end about Doty is appreciated.
The guy is too iffy for me. I think he should be iffy for others too, as you seem to be.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Sunday, March 13, 2022
Post a Comment
<< Home