Intelligent Life: Where would ET find it?
Copyright 2018, InterAmerica, Inc.
I’m watching and hooked on BBC America’s Planet Earth
marathon, in anticipation of its new series, debuting Saturday, January 20,
2018, Blue Planet II.
Besides the ravishing photography, the diversity of life
(flora and fauna) is fascinating.
And the intelligence of species is wondrous.
I imagine that most will see the intelligent behavior I
discern as instinct. But as noted here, in the past, I think “instinct” is
behavioral intelligence, something that humans indulge in daily.
The brilliance of all species, in order to survive and breed
goes beyond simple rote activity.
Intelligence is endemic to Earth’s creatures, endowed with
it from a creator (or creation, if you will).
(My thoughts on intelligent design and The Almighty
Spirit, referred to by Klaatu in The Day the Earth Stood Still is
for another time.)
Taking my view that Earth’s creatures, all of them, plant
and animal, are imbued with intelligence, if ETs were indeed visiting Earth in
UFOs, who or what would they see as the most intelligent species, humans or ?….
Would an advanced (but in what ways, also a matter for
another time) visiting species to our planet see humans as the dominant
intelligence here?
What about octopi, or dolphins, or elephants, or desert
cacti, or viruses?
In the incidents where beings from UFOs confronted human
beings, the actions and behavior of those humans was less than sensible or
rational, across the board.
Pilots coming upon a UFO have often acted foolishly or
irrationally.
Humans being assaulted or visited, passively, by alleged ET
craft and beings from them, have acted even more stupidly the pilots, many almost sh*tting their
pants when confronting or confronted by strange beings that seem to come from outer
space.
An animal (or plant) being immobilized or confronted by a
species from outer space would not react in a way that bespeaks madness or
insanity.
Wouldn’t an outsider species question the intelligence of a
being (human) that acted in a crazy manner?
My point is that the instinctive (intelligent) behavior of
all species on Earth, except for mankind, is rational and sensible from an
outsider’s perspective.
Watch the new BBC America programming – Blue Planet II
– upcoming; you’ll see what I mean.
RR

8 Comments:
David Attenborough is now very much to the fore with the "anti-plastic" campaign. so I expect this has, or soon will, spread to your side of the Atlantic.
By
cda, at Thursday, January 18, 2018
I've often argued, especially in the wake of the ever-increasing amount of research into animal intelligence, which is analogous to human intelligence, that the search for non-human intelligence should focus on our own planet, which would result in an expansion of the concept of intelligence (as opposed to being identified with tool use) and hopefully an expansion of our empathy for the other sentient beings with which we share this planet and its fragile ecosphere.
By
Bryan Sentes, at Thursday, January 18, 2018
->"Intelligent Life: Where would ET find it?"<-
"Astronomy" & Radio/TV Transmissions etc. A likely starting point!?..........
By
Daniel, at Thursday, January 18, 2018
Daniel:
A survey of radio and TV signals would certainly not indicate "intelligence."
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Thursday, January 18, 2018
Rich, My point is just this, it takes "intelligence" in the first place, to have built a device, that transmits a Radio/TV signal!
I would have thought, that blatantly obvious!?..........
By
Daniel, at Thursday, January 18, 2018
I was making a joke, Daniel....
TV and radio is pretty bad when it comes to content.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Thursday, January 18, 2018
OK,LOL:) & I agree, but you were; -> watching and hooked on BBC America’s Planet Earth marathon, in anticipation of its new series, debuting Saturday, January 20, 2018, Blue Planet II...All good!:).........."?"
By
Daniel, at Thursday, January 18, 2018
Yes, Daniel, I'm, fascinated by the BBC series, looking forward to the new batch.
If ET's were receiving this programming, I could see them high-tailing it to get here.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Thursday, January 18, 2018
Post a Comment
<< Home