A Must-Read for all of you!
Copyright 2020, InterAmerica, Inc.

I've been recommending this book, online here, and to my UFO pals when I write to them.
It's a must-read for all of them and almost everyone else.
It deals with God (the gods) and turns Ancient Alien Astro- naut nonsense on its head, showing where that gang's whole premise goes haywire.
It provides talking points for Larry about consciousness and it captures the Evil of God that sets aside Matty's defense of God using Thomas Aquinas.
It gives Dvelys much to chew on about religion and it offers for Tim Hebert some material about human (and divine) schizophrenia that will also stoke Matty.
I also suggested that the Anomalist's Bill Murphy get a copy as it offers archaeological, paleontology, and historical (plus prehis- torical) references, with theological underpinnings, that are his forté.
More importantly, I think, it explains UFOs, without ever using or mentioning the enigmatic phenomenon.
The author James Kugel is the Starr Professor Emeritus of Hebrew Literature at Harvard. He writes in the popular style I like -- no phony academic baloney -- but provides pages of small print footnotes to support his theses.
While Bryan Sentes hates that I got my copy from Amazon, I bought it from a used book vendor there -- Academic Book Solu- tions -- for $7.79 with free shipping. The book came in a few days and was in pristine condition.
If you really think you know much about the gods of old or how that topic pertains to UFOs, get the book to find out that you know little or nothing about reality, the real reality.
RR
I've been recommending this book, online here, and to my UFO pals when I write to them.
It's a must-read for all of them and almost everyone else.
It deals with God (the gods) and turns Ancient Alien Astro- naut nonsense on its head, showing where that gang's whole premise goes haywire.
It provides talking points for Larry about consciousness and it captures the Evil of God that sets aside Matty's defense of God using Thomas Aquinas.
It gives Dvelys much to chew on about religion and it offers for Tim Hebert some material about human (and divine) schizophrenia that will also stoke Matty.
I also suggested that the Anomalist's Bill Murphy get a copy as it offers archaeological, paleontology, and historical (plus prehis- torical) references, with theological underpinnings, that are his forté.
More importantly, I think, it explains UFOs, without ever using or mentioning the enigmatic phenomenon.
The author James Kugel is the Starr Professor Emeritus of Hebrew Literature at Harvard. He writes in the popular style I like -- no phony academic baloney -- but provides pages of small print footnotes to support his theses.
While Bryan Sentes hates that I got my copy from Amazon, I bought it from a used book vendor there -- Academic Book Solu- tions -- for $7.79 with free shipping. The book came in a few days and was in pristine condition.
If you really think you know much about the gods of old or how that topic pertains to UFOs, get the book to find out that you know little or nothing about reality, the real reality.
RR

21 Comments:
[Bryan Sentes objects to the working conditions in Amazon warehouses and the damage Amazon does to the book industry (at least). He doesn't know about the working conditions at Book Solutions, but would regret if even a small cut of the sale were diverted into Bezos' pockets, which are taxed only by the volumes of cash stuffed into them. He imagines that if you had gone straight to bookfinder.com, you might well have obtained the book at a competitive price. He is, otherwise, glad you have obtained a volume you find of such worth.]
By
Bryan Sentes, at Tuesday, February 18, 2020
But didn't that sexually promiscuous Bezos set aside, or says he will, large amount of monies
($10 Billion) to offset some climate problems, telling users of Amazon and others that Amazon will be carbon-free by 2040?
So, he's not totally evil, just a capitalistic-oriented, ruthless owner of a large business.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Bryan Sentes didn't focus his moral approbation on Bezos, but Amazon: "Bryan Sentes objects to the working conditions in Amazon warehouses and the damage Amazon does to the book industry (at least)".
The morality of Bezos or the political economy that is the condition for his Gilded Age wealth is another matter.
That being said, he is still glad you obtained a book you find so worthwhile.
Which is all, strictly, beside the point.
By
Bryan Sentes, at Tuesday, February 18, 2020
I always accept your "besides the point" -- thats your primary modus and sometimes they make sense...sometimes.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Tuesday, February 18, 2020
I would say, without the need to read this book, that the image of God, is a "reflection" in all of us, -- As he made us, in his image or likeness!? As the Christion holy book, the Bible says -- For the better, or the worst, as a reality, molds our mood, in a state of mind..
Are UFO/UAPs, ours - theirs, or Gods???
And you're going to say, buy the book and find out:)..
Well, how would the author James Kugel, of the book know, if no one else in the world knows, up to now!?...I know, buy the book Daniel:)..........?
By
Daniel, at Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Dammit, Daniel,
This is one book that YOU should definitely read.
It's not just a suggestion of mine but a call from God for you to read it.
Quit being a guy who feigns illteracy and come aboard the educated.
And you know I luv ya.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Tuesday, February 18, 2020
I'm buying it, Rich.
By
Anonymous, at Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Btw, I recommended it long ago, have you read Heiser's _Unseen Realm_ yet? It overlaps with Kugel's book in terms of topic coverage as far as I can tell.
By
Anonymous, at Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Do I have Unseen Realm? I dunno.
As I told buddy Bryan recently, I'm finding books all over this place, books I didn't know I bought.
I'll check and let you know Matt.
And you'll find Kugel's book well worth the few dollars of cost for the footnotes alone.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Tough luv Rich:)..I do'nt pretend anything of the sort. I'm serious!
It will be science that resolves what UFO/UAPs are, not the book. We would know by now, if only science would get its act together,and stop the arguments, for 70+ years.It's disappointing! The book will be just another angle on the subject. I've heard & read enough, to know this, and still no "real" answers. 70+ years Rich, and still no answers, and this book is going to make a difference??........?
By
Daniel, at Tuesday, February 18, 2020
It opens the door to s bizarre possibility that's right up your alley, Daniel...right in your ball park.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Tuesday, February 18, 2020
You fellows will excuse my typos, yes?
I sometimes use my phone to comment and the damn thing inserts what it wants to.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Tuesday, February 18, 2020
@Daniel - well with increased interest in the topic both from 'serious' journalists and publications as well as the U.S. Navy/Pentagon/State Dept, coupled with reports of Silicon Valley tech execs looking to start-up and finance dedicated, science-based projects and ventures intent on discovering the 'truth' behind the phenomenon - *hopefully* (fingers crossed) this, following on from the momentum of TTSA's assemblage of 'credible' people, signifies that at last, some semblance of a 'getting their act together' is actually in motion and we'll get to know more in the next few years! :)
By
DrDee, at Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Sounds, all good, Rich/Dee; We'll see!?..
@Rich:
-> I sometimes use my phone to comment and the damn thing inserts what it wants to.<-
*
It seems,your using a "smart phone" there Rich, Got a mind of its own!?:)..I have a PC something like that, & drives me to distraction occasionally...........:)
By
Daniel, at Tuesday, February 18, 2020
A Samsung-Android, Daniel.
A kind of mini-AI gone awry -- my own "hal" (small cap).
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Rich,
I'll try to post updates about my thoughts on Kugel's book here as I read through it, if that's alright with you.
First thing I wanted to mention is that Kugel is seemingly of the opinion that Bible scholarship has created serious trouble for "traditional" Christian and Judaic views. While that idea certainly isn't idiosyncratic to Kugel, it isn't clearly correct either. In fact, there's definite evidence of increasing support for the historical reliability of Scripture in the past half century or so of Bible scholarship (as discussed by Craig Blomberg in his 2016 book), which has been a welcome development especially among "conservative" Bible scholars. The same could be said about archaeology relevant to the OT. Skepticism about all aspects of the Bible seems to have been far more severe around 50-150 years ago among academics devoted to study of it. By itself this doesn't get us all the way to the soundness of orthodox Christian beliefs, but it's probably among the most critical factors.
By
Anonymous, at Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Matty:
I'm so biased toward Kugel's views -- some seem right out of my mouth (and writings here).
It, the book, allows the Ancient Alien angle to be adjusted, eliminating the extraterrestrial nonsense.
That's why I'm hoping Daniel gets his hands on a copy and trudges through it.
And I told my pal Jose Caravaca that much of the book supports his "theory" and provides sustenance to his views. (I hope he can get a copy in Spain.)
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Rich,
I'm still very much hoping that JAC's opus on his distortion theory will appear in English, but it seems that there have been no developments on that front.
By
Anonymous, at Wednesday, February 19, 2020
I don't think he's approached Patrick Huyghe at Anomalist (who seems to like Jose's theory) or Philip Mantle (a Brit guy, as you know) who might be interested in publishing the book in English.
I think maybe Jose considers his theory a work-in-progress, and is waiting until it's firmed up before giving it a U.S. view -- he, like others, think we here, in the States, are a more open audience.
And, as indicated in another comment elsewhere here, that may be the case. We Americans are a little more addled when it comes to UFOs.
But you know that.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Wednesday, February 19, 2020
I'll let you know how I get on with it, Rich.
By
Dvelys, at Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Grazie, Dvelys.
You'll like it. It covers issues that you've contended with recently.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Post a Comment
<< Home