The History Channel's Project Blue book has devolved into sheer madness!
The Tuesday [2/18/20] airing of the History Channel's Project Blue Book foolishness inserted the Men in Black into the fictional storyline -- although MIB were involved in the 1947 Maury Island incident the show was mocking -- putting Allen Hynek in the midst of the concocted action was more than a travesty; it was a smear on Dr. Hynek's memory, legacy, and scientific moderation that I'm surprised his son continues to allow.
If I read one more UFO ass say they like the show; it's good sci-fi., I'll seek them out and push a creamed pie into their ignorant face(s).
The show is an abomination, pure and simple.
(That I continue to watch it goes to the heart of my own insanity.)
RR
If I read one more UFO ass say they like the show; it's good sci-fi., I'll seek them out and push a creamed pie into their ignorant face(s).
The show is an abomination, pure and simple.
(That I continue to watch it goes to the heart of my own insanity.)
RR

32 Comments:
Rich,
I think the show is excellent, actually.
Ok, ok I'm joking. To tell you the truth I haven't seen even one episode of it.
By
Anonymous, at Wednesday, February 19, 2020
as a non american with a 20+ year interest in the subject i have to say i really hate the show. Then again ancient aliens has 20? 30? seasons so i guess thats what the american consumers want so yeah.
By
sam, at Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Thanks sam (and Matty)...
A few guys with sense and good taste....neither American, of course.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Maybe, Allen Hynek son, is careful, not to get caught in the "crossfire" of creamed pies:)......?
By
Daniel, at Wednesday, February 19, 2020
I haven't watched the MIB one yet. But, next week's episode has Hynek going to the set of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind," which wasn't even made until 1977, and the show is set in the 1950s!
By
Nick Redfern, at Wednesday, February 19, 2020
The MIB show will really irritate you, Nick, for a number of reasons.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Take all the hardcopy files from the real Project Blue Book. Rip them out of their binders and folders. Toss them up into the air with a collection of rejected sci-fi show scripts and let them all land on the floor. Make neat little stacks of the papers and then film a very loosely fact-based PBB episode from each stack. Make sure to use Hynek’s name regularly and toss in a few other real people for seasoning. And presto-bingo you have a new non-historical pile of absolute steaming rubbish ready to compete with Sasquatch Hunters, Ghostfinders and magical Alien Pyramids.
By
solarity, at Wednesday, February 19, 2020
I'll probably watch it tonight and let you know.
By
Nick Redfern, at Wednesday, February 19, 2020
The real madness lies in watching it week after week.
By
Yvan Defoy, at Wednesday, February 19, 2020
When will the UFO fandom start citing scenes from the show as if they are real events?
By
Terry the Censor, at Thursday, February 20, 2020
Hey Rich, Well, I can't really say it irritates me. Rather, I found it just like all the other episodes: over-complicated plot-lines, bad and amateur stories, etc etc.
By
Nick Redfern, at Thursday, February 20, 2020
MIB with guns? CIA operatives gone rogue?
I'm pissed and MIB aren't my bailiwick.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Thursday, February 20, 2020
Well, I just can't be bothered to be irritated by it. In the bigger scheme of life, soccer, music and beer are much more important than a crummy UFO TV show. I could have written a lengthy article on the episode and how (and why) it was so bad (which it was LOL). But, why should I waste a couple of hours of my time discussing it when I could do something fun?
By
Nick Redfern, at Thursday, February 20, 2020
Yah, I get it. Claude gets it too.
I just hate that such crap is not chastised more vigorously by the UFO community so History might rethink its errant ways.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Thursday, February 20, 2020
You won't believe this: not only does Hynek go to the set of Close Encounters of the Third Kind in the next episode (which wasn't made until 1977), the episode after that sees Hynek and the other guy go to...wait for it... the Skinwalker Ranch!!! WTF???
By
Nick Redfern, at Thursday, February 20, 2020
Claude Falkstrom's point about the insanity of watching is point on -- but the show is so bad that it's like observing a unique event like Mt. Vesuvius and not believing your eyes.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Thursday, February 20, 2020
Yeah, it's like watching a car crash, in which the driver gets trapped behind the wheel and burns to death...
By
Nick Redfern, at Thursday, February 20, 2020
Geez...did the driver have to die? Couldn't he/She just get bopped on the head?
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Thursday, February 20, 2020
In all of life, but especially in art--even if it's "art" of the one of the lowest kind, a popular TV show (and it is certainly popular)--manage your expectations.
They told the audience from the start: this is fiction--not a Blue Book documentary.
And I said that several times during the first season but it was mostly ignored by the "UFO" purists, let's call them. Even though they're guys I adore: RR; Nick, et al. That's okay, I still love you guys.
I just watched the latest, "MIB and Maury Island" episode and thought that it was damned good for a flying-saucer conspiracy drama. Last week's episode was pretty damned good also. The production values are excellent, as is the acting, and the writing has steadily improved to the point that there's a noticeable difference from season one.
And I'll repeat my observation and charge from last season to address the brilliant Terry's point: The "UFO" purists--despite the fact that the show is declared and is obviously fiction--hate it because it is diluting and dissolving the line between historical "scientific ufology" and science-fiction! So that kids, new to the "UFO" myth, are not going to know the difference and are already repeating the show's fictional narratives as fact!
There never was any difference, my purist friends. It's all been a fiction.
Hahaha!
Otherwise, as I also said all along--and totally agree with solarity--this show, every episode, is a grab bag of generic "UFO" and flying-saucer conspiracy myth motifs and clichés; and then just about every other bit of pop-culture sci-fi is thrown into the mix and excreted in 45 minute bursts.
"And that's ufology!" as my brilliant friend says.
(See, I'm making my mentor, fellow Psychosocial theorist and good friend, Mrherr Zaar, very proud.)
Hahaha!
By
zoamchomsky, at Thursday, February 20, 2020
I'm appalled.
No comment.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Thursday, February 20, 2020
In the interest of making sense of Zoam's rather psychopathological obsession with UFO debunking, I hope it's alright if I wonder something "aloud."
Is it possible that our pal Zoam had some sort of UFO experience, maybe an abduction involving an overly large probe, and has dealt with the trauma ever since through his zealous "debunking"? I know of someone whose very hostile stance on cryptozoology might be due to an unpleasant experience with a "cryptid" that he had in his youth, which he now seems to want to pretend didn't happen. Anyway, just wondering . . . .
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, February 20, 2020
I think you may be on to something, Matty, my psychological colleague.
RR
By
RRRGroup, at Thursday, February 20, 2020
Matty, that's psychologizing of the worst kind.
By
Terry the Censor, at Thursday, February 20, 2020
Terry,
I was hoping people here would get a laugh out of it. I thought that the "large probe" part would make that clear . . . .
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, February 20, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-H0uIH5HHQ :)
By
DrDee, at Friday, February 21, 2020
Maybe Matty, you needed some music with it, as Dee has shown; Entertainment!?:)......
By
Daniel, at Friday, February 21, 2020
Matty, I did see that. But...abduction and false memory zealots have used that tactic to immunise themselves from criticism. And I tried to give my own signal that I was half-serious, half-joking, but my "of the X kind" Hynek allusion was not clear enough.
By
Terry the Censor, at Friday, February 21, 2020
Ed Wood's "Plan 9 form Outers Space" is looking pretty damn good...
By
Tim Hebert, at Friday, February 21, 2020
Exactly, Tim!
There is definitely some campiness going on in this show. A whole lot of campy in fact!
Hahaha!
As I said last year at "Bad UFOs", the people making this show are having a great time and laughing all the way to the bank and back.
It's a Robert Zemeckis production, people. It's Fiction! It's all for laughs.
Wind you up. You spiel your guts!
(See how I did that?)
Why all the "purists" --on both sides-- have a problem with it has been addressed.
Come on. Do you need bread crumbs?
Some cheese?
I'm so bad.
By
zoamchomsky, at Sunday, February 23, 2020
>> that's psychologizing of the worst kind.<<
Hahaha!
You are correct, Sir! The Worst!
And he's supposed to be some kind of "expert" of psychological theorizing?
OMG
And as if I haven't heard such charges directed at me a dozen times or more in thirty years of Internet skepticism.
Love you, Terry!
By
zoamchomsky, at Sunday, February 23, 2020
Poor Zoam . . . . tell us where the grey hurt you.
By
Anonymous, at Sunday, February 23, 2020
I agree with you 100%, and I've never watched the show!
By
Unknown, at Sunday, February 23, 2020
Post a Comment
<< Home